Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 top radiator grill removal ?

Hi Everybody,
I bought the THQ DRL headlights and fitted them as per their video and everything was fine, as mentioned it needed 2 people to remove and refit otherwise a piece of cake, however don't forget to disconnect fog lights and radar connections.
I also fitted chrome strips just to add a piece of bling.

Hi Everybody,
I bought the THQ DRL headlights and fitted them as per their video and everything was fine, as mentioned it needed 2 people to remove and refit otherwise a piece of cake, however don't forget to disconnect fog lights and radar connections.
Hmm, is your radar mounted on the bumper? If so, the radar will need adjustment at VW.

Does your new one look like this - 2 pics here, first one is a beach 2nd an ocean
on the t5 you can add the chrome strips without having to change the grill.
View attachment 48820View attachment 48819
I've just tried sending a post with photos on my Samsung pad. After fighting with this uninitiative #$%^&*£ for half an hour I've given up. Give me an Ipad any day.

In essence, I want it to look like an Ocean with the chrome pack.

The wheels are also a problem at present. I wanted 17" brakes so that meant Cascaval alloys in anthracite. The thing is they look to me as if they are going to be a sod to clean and anyway, I'm not sure if I like them. I would like the VW 18" "disc" wheels with white rims and chrome hub caps. They would be easy to clean but I'm worried about their ride quality. Also they could be very expensive to have repaired and look like the caps might end up on a teenaged hoody's bedroom wall!
The other option are Devenports. These look good, are cheap to source and easy to clean.

The jury is out at present.

I've had another go.

These are the current options:
20190811_202140.jpg
As ordered.
20190810_234931.jpg
Preferred wheels.
Screenshot_20190811-180855_Samsung Internet.jpg
Preferred wheels easy to clean.
Screenshot_20190816-222512_Samsung Internet.jpg
The sensible choice.

Hmm, is your radar mounted on the bumper? If so, the radar will need adjustment at VW.
Hi TripleBee,
I fitted the headlights in May and everything is working fine, please note I think I should not have used the word "radar", I should have used "parking sensors".
Sorry if I mislead you and anybody else.

I didn't know about the chrome strips. Please tell more.

I went for the ones made by Vanstyle.

I did the grill and lower bumper.

They are metal and come with a militant adhesive backing tape. The fit was perfect and comparing it with a caravelle you'd never know.

It certainly was easier than removing the bumper and took about an hour to fit both grill and bumper trims.

Hi Everybody,
Hi there, were these lights better than standard h4’s ?

Hi there, were these lights better than standard h4’s ?

Hi Richy,
I would definitely say YES.
The THQ lights have separate H7 bulbs (single filament bulbs) for “Dip” and “Main” beams, with dedicated reflectors for each bulb, whilst the H4 (twin filaments bulbs) uses the same bulb for both “Dip” and “Main” and so doesn’t have the same dedicated reflector setup.
You also get the LED DRLs with the THQ lights, which are definitely better looking than the original H4 DRL setup.
I can only say that I’m well pleased with my choice.
Hope I’ve answered your question.

Hi Richy,
I would definitely say YES.
The THQ lights have separate H7 bulbs (single filament bulbs) for “Dip” and “Main” beams, with dedicated reflectors for each bulb, whilst the H4 (twin filaments bulbs) uses the same bulb for both “Dip” and “Main” and so doesn’t have the same dedicated reflector setup.
You also get the LED DRLs with the THQ lights, which are definitely better looking than the original H4 DRL setup.
I can only say that I’m well pleased with my choice.
Hope I’ve answered your question.
Hi there,
Thanks for that, I think I’m going to get the V3’s,
I have a transporter as a works van with H7’s and you can notice the difference compared to H4’s but the THQ lights are projected too so should be better still.
Now gone to a Version 3 with sequential indicators.

thats the one’s,
im still fuming that I wasn’t pushed towards LEDs when I ordered the van and I just can’t justify £4500 to retro fit them.
Hopefully these make a difference

I've always thought the Beach grill looks rather too van ordinaire, so the intention is to replace it with an Ocean grill. If/when it arrives, I'd also like to add the Ocean chrome pack to set the two colour paint job off nicely.

So you could describe it as a light pimp job. Something that a Beach in our chosen colour scheme will benefit from.

I didn't know about the chrome strips. Please tell more.

Hi Boris did you manage to get the chrome pack side mouldings ?

Hi Boris did you manage to get the chrome pack side mouldings ?
Yes, I just ordered them through our dealer's parts department. They gave me 10% discount but they were still very expensive. They weren't that straight forward to fit either. If you need to know how to fit them let me know.
Here is the end result:

20191109_105612.jpg
Best wishes.

Yes, I just ordered them through our dealer's parts department. They gave me 10% discount but they were still very expensive. They weren't that straight forward to fit either. If you need to know how to fit them let me know.
Here is the end result:

View attachment 57122
Best wishes.
They look great, do you have the part number(s) and approximate cost ?
Looks like the kit included the trim on the tailgate?

Did you stay with the diamond turned Cascavell’s

Can you Show a picture of the front grille ? And let us know what you went for in the end.

Funky looking Beach :cool:

Loving the colour combo

Does your rear number plate stand proud from the tailgate ?

This may help. See post 37.

You might find this thread useful.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/chrome-side-trims.17892/ post 37

The Cascavels were taken off almost as soon as we got it home from the dealers . They are for sale on the forum. I prefer Devonports but couldn't order them.

The rear number plate is held in a special plastic frame with the dealers details on it. The frame itself is bolted to the captive factory bolt holes in the boot. The number plate pops jnto the frame and two outer hinged frame parts, upper and lower snap shut. You need a special key to open it without breaking it.

Back