Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calibed Prestige vs Brandrup iXtend

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone have experience of both of these?

Looking at something as an alternative to the VW mattress which I deleted from the order.

I’ve narrowed the selection, rightly or wrongly down to these two. Any insight welcomed!

I have the Brandrup and am happy with it,

Does anyone have experience of both of these?

Looking at something as an alternative to the VW mattress which I deleted from the order.

I’ve narrowed the selection, rightly or wrongly down to these two. Any insight welcomed!
I’ve got a Calibed for upstairs. Very good. I’m also trying to work out which one for downstairs. Out of the two you’ve mentioned.
if it helps you’re welcome to poke and prod/lie on the roof bed one. Just arrived 3 weeks ago and I’m not far from you. junction 9 M5

I’ve got a Calibed for upstairs. Very good. I’m also trying to work out which one for downstairs. Out of the two you’ve mentioned.
if it helps you’re welcome to poke and prod/lie on the roof bed one. Just arrived 3 weeks ago and I’m not far from you. junction 9 M5
I might take you up on that! My bus doesn’t arrive until March, so plenty of time

Can you leave the upstairs mattress in place with the roof down? Read conflicting reviews on this for T6 version (which I think is thicker)

Can you leave the upstairs mattress in place with the roof down? Read conflicting reviews on this for T6 version (which I think is thicker)
Yes, easily. It is thicker than the original, but only by a very fine margin. it replaces the VW one which is now in my attic with the non comfort VW downstairs mattress.

Yes, easily. It is thicker than the original, but only by a very fine margin. it replaces the VW one which is now in my attic with the non comfort VW downstairs mattress.
Yes, I’m relieved I took the mattress off of my order.

2 thumbs up for the Calibed. Super comfortable for side sleepers, unlike the uncomfort mattress. Never examined the Brandrup but looking at the specs both seam quite similar with a hybrid foam insert.

Following with interest, where are you ordering the Calibed from? Is there a UK stockest or are you getting from Europe?

Thinking outside of the box, and via eBay, I bagged a barely used IXTEND for a Marco Polo (2014 onwards) £90 posted. Despite being for the Marco Polo, it fits a treat (just tried it) eBay can be your friend if you have time before you need the item :)

Thinking outside of the box, and via eBay, I bagged a barely used IXTEND for a Marco Polo (2014 onwards) £90 posted. Despite being for the Marco Polo, it fits a treat (just tried it) eBay can be your friend if you have time before you need the item :)
I guess because its 4cm narrower than the Cali downstairs the minimal cutout of the MP version compensates for the shape in that corner. Nice snag at that price.

Funny, I have IXtend as a saved search & nothing came up

This is my issue. I can only find on the .de site

If anyone knows where to source in the UK, I’m all ears!
Ive just ordered a Calibed Prestige III for my T6 Ocean for downstairs from Volkswagenshop.be in Belgium. 507 euros + 55 euros shipping. The one for the T6.1 is temporarely unavailable.

Ive just ordered a Calibed Prestige III for my T6 Ocean for downstairs from Volkswagenshop.be in Belgium. 507 euros + 55 euros shipping. The one for the T6.1 is temporarely unavailable.
I would be really interested in hearing your feedback.

I would be really interested in hearing your feedback.
I dont receive it till tomorrow but Ive just had to pay an extra £102 customs charge to parcelforce to receive it. £14.57 Duty, £75.78 import duty + clearance fee. It had better be good.

I dont receive it till tomorrow but Ive just had to pay an extra £102 customs charge to parcelforce to receive it. £14.57 Duty, £75.78 import duty + clearance fee. It had better be good.
Did the supplier at least remove the EU VAT?

Back