Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calibed Prestige vs Brandrup iXtend

Did the supplier at least remove the EU VAT?
It would appear that when I ordered the mattress online on their website I was automatically charged and paid EU VAT but when the mattress arrived today, the invoice states that I was not charged EU VAT. Thanks to your excellent reply, I have just emailed them with all the relevant documents attached, asking them to refund me the 88 EUR I appear to have overpaid. Fingers crossed. I have just laid down on the Calibed on my living room floor & it is indeed extremely comfortable. Probably the last word in comfort for the California lower bed. Now I have to decide what to do for the fitted cover or sheet. Because it is folded/hinged into three sections, and 8cms deep, I doubt one zipped up cover would work. So I guess a custom made fitted sheet elasticated in the corners would be the way to go.

Thank you Corradobrit for your information. You may have saved me 88 EUR. I didnt even think of it.

It would appear that when I ordered the mattress online on their website I was automatically charged and paid EU VAT but when the mattress arrived today, the invoice states that I was not charged EU VAT. Thanks to your excellent reply, I have just emailed them with all the relevant documents attached, asking them to refund me the 88 EUR I appear to have overpaid. Fingers crossed. I have just laid down on the Calibed on my living room floor & it is indeed extremely comfortable. Probably the last word in comfort for the California lower bed. Now I have to decide what to do for the fitted cover or sheet. Because it is folded/hinged into three sections, and 8cms deep, I doubt one zipped up cover would work. So I guess a custom made fitted sheet elasticated in the corners would be the way to go.

Thank you Corradobrit for your information. You may have saved me 88 EUR. I didnt even think of it.
No worries. If you don't ask you don't get.
btw I find the twin elasticated sheets from Ikea work well. I have the grey Percale versions on both the upper and lower mattresses. No issues with folding the Calibed Prestige.

My previous reply may have been a bit confusing, so to clarify; when ordering, I paid 562.38 EUR. When the mattress arrived, the invoice stated 474.32 EUR............Hold on!! As I was finishing typing my last Reply, an email arrived. I have just opened it to find it is a credit transaction for 88.06 EUR from Garage Adolf van Hoe en Zonen with kind regards! Thank you again Corradobrit.

Last edited:
No worries. If you don't ask you don't get.
btw I find the twin elasticated sheets from Ikea work well. I have the grey Percale versions on both the upper and lower mattresses. No issues with folding the Calibed Prestige.
Could you tell me what size elasticated sheets you have?

I’m also following with interest. Get my cali in June and didn’t order the uncomfort mattress, so looking for a good alternative for downstairs.
oh, and I’m also keen to know if they can be used with the bed when it’s being used in the “raised” position (eg: for watching TV).

Last edited:
Back