Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Chris’s latest on Beach Camper

The rear bed base shown in that is the one shown fitted to an Ocean in the manual as an option. It would work well in conjunction with the 5th seat to give decent leg room all round.

Pop hob will not pull out with 3 Seat bench made into bed as it’s higher.

@andyinluton is this now an option that can be specced on the Ocean? I remember you were hunting for details on it previously

Pop hob will not pull out with 3 Seat bench made into bed as it’s higher.
In the pic (paused in the video) he is lying on a 3 seat bench made into a bed and plenty of room for the pop hob to fold out. Is there a different scenario you are thinking of?

In the pic (paused in the video) he is lying on a 3 seat bench made into a bed and plenty of room for the pop hob to fold out. Is there a different scenario you are thinking of?
I think he’s on a 2 seat bench (same as in Ocean) with side box and mattress which is lower.

@andyinluton is this now an option that can be specced on the Ocean? I remember you were hunting for details on it previously
.ive not seen it as an option, just in the manual prior to this video. If we were using our 5th seat more than once a year I would be trying to get hold of one. It would just make so much sense on a five seater.

Back