Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Exclusive to a Hymer

Bobby D

Bobby D

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Well I bit the bullet and went Big after the Cali, although the Exclusive was fantastic in the standing department and the toilet room, the sleeping arrangement for 4 in any van under 6M is always an issue.

We wanted separate beds for the Girls and after looking at many Vans we decided on Bunks..but this limits Panel Vans down to Wildax and Autosleepers, both very well made but the bunks are too narrow and then the storage space is virtually nothing.

Finally we settled on a Hymer B524SL..and oh my, the space and quality are fantastic. 3.0 Fiat engine with 160bhp but feels much much more, really is a great unit. Bunks at the back over 2M long by 90cm wide, Massive Double for us up front which doesn't use any of the L Shaped lounge space...and Storage...well you can actually walk through the garage area from one side of the van to the other.

I've still got my Exclusive and it will go up for sale soon, I think for 2 they are the perfect layout and size.
Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 15.17.50.png

Those hymers look mint. We went to look at a B654 near us in Norway but it had a few issues and the seller wouldn't wait to get it through its EU control (MOT) before selling it. Someone else was willing to take the risk. The layout inside is amazing though. It makes the Smurf feel so small now!

I have an italian Hymer! 140hp 2,2 fiat with a nine speed auto, its amazing how much of it is the same as the eriba caravans we had ten years ago!

Back