Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Syncro California Exclusive

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
We were camped next this fine beast at Busfest owned by the fantastic Bert from Belgium. How many more of these are there about. I have seen Cali Clubs in Syncro but only ever this one as an Exclusive. Bert wasnt exactly sure if it was factory original but it looked like it. Has anyone else got any info?

44635920141_165f12f96b_c.jpg

43726840305_d49199a518_c.jpg

43917321284_380daffab9_c.jpg

Gotta love those smurf tops and the rear bathroom. They did do the lwb t4 syncro so probably original. Nearly bought an Exclusive in 2000 but didn’t want LHD so had a Reimo Calypso kind of copy done on a new lwb...it was sh*t and nothing like it. Hated conversions ever since.

Yeah the layout is pretty much perfect and the syncro adds that extra edge. Not like it's a proper offroader but you'd never get stuck in a muddy camp site again. Stan on FB just showed me a link to another one for sale in Germany so there must be a few more out there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Some nice ones here but no Syncros and all have starship mileage:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...PowerAsArray=PS&minPowerAsArray=PS&scopeId=MH

Some nice T5 and T6 smurfs (inc a 4motion) here too but stupid money:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...rationDate=2013&minPowerAsArray=KW&scopeId=MH

They don't put the custom back end on the T5 and T6 like they they did with the T4, which will impact on the standing room in the bathroom like it did on my Reimo.

Stan on the T4 forum found one.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=bb8c3e97-6b9d-b7cb-f95c-07a4267bd0c9

Hey Matt,
None of them are factory fitted. It's a fairy straightforward modification apparently, easy with a donor van. If I ever have to redo my transmission I'll do the swap. Before I bought my Exclusive I was looking at buying a Syncro Cali Coach from Germany. The guy who was selling the Coach said he can get all the parts needed for Syncro converions.

Hey Matt,
None of them are factory fitted. It's a fairy straightforward modification apparently, easy with a donor van. If I ever have to redo my transmission I'll do the swap. Before I bought my Exclusive I was looking at buying a Syncro Cali Coach from Germany. The guy who was selling the Coach said he can get all the parts needed for Syncro converions.
That's what I thought. It's not that hard to find a donor vehicle in Norway. Syncros were quite popular. There's quite a few knocking about ready to be scavanged.

That's a funny looking pop top on the blue T4 beside the White Exclusive!!

I think that’s Noggin The Nog’s?

That's what I thought. It's not that hard to find a donor vehicle in Norway. Syncros were quite popular. There's quite a few knocking about ready to be scavanged.

I wish I had such a problem! We never got them here, not since the T3. All parts having to be imported from Europe.

That's a funny looking pop top on the blue T4 beside the White Exclusive!!
Haha that's my new/2nd hand roof tent. A darn sight cheaper than a pop top.

I wish I had such a problem! We never got them here, not since the T3. All parts having to be imported from Europe.
Aye it a shame they stopped sending them over. Finn.no can be a good place to find bits. That and German eBay.

Back