Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Styling

Blakey

Blakey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
So we have just bought a Beach in reflex silver. It's not my favourite colour (which is black) but it's not bad. However the van itself is very plain looking. So I'm thinking of saving my pennies for some improved styling and was interested in people's opinions.

My initial thoughts are simply to copy the old Sportline look. All the mods are easily available and its a look which I know I love - even in silver. :) That would mean adding to the van:

- 4 x 18" Sportline Alloys (I like the old school ones)
- Front sportline spoiler
- Rear tail gate spoiler
- 2 x Side chrome rails
- 30mm lowering springs.

The alloys are the real big choice I think. Go with the old sportline 18" alloys and you get a classic look, but not a unique one. I'm torn on the choice between the old sportline alloys in silver, or the black 18" Dakar, or maybe going away from VW and off into the realms of all the 3rd party options.

So, any comments on this? Anyone else pimped up their Cali and what did you do to yours?

Cheers
Blakey

3 years old but the new style :thumb I think you can also get black and anthrasite

Yeah, I think the alloys are the big question. They are the definitive style option for me. I'm deffo going 18". The question is: old school VW sportline or look on the 3rd party sites at all the myriad of options.

Should probably do an alloy hunt and look around....

We went for the old style sportline alloys. Preferred the multispoke look to the new 5 spoke design and they were the same price at the time.
We have a face lift model and it's a bit of a give away that we 'only' have the 140 version. (The 'flatwall' sportlines don't fit on the 180.) I'm enough of an anorak that it bothers me slightly but they do look fantastic. Really pleased with them.
If you have a light coloured van, have you considered black vinyl wrap on the door frame between the front door windows and the rear? I'm sure I saw someone do this on here and it looked pretty cool.
Matt

Yeah, I do love the old school sportline alloys.

Have you a picture of that vinyl wrap? My van is silver so sounds like a suitable match.

Cheers
Blakey

So we have decided on a complete Sportline look for the new van:

• 4 x (old school) Sportline 18" alloys
  • Sportline front spoiler
  • Sportline rear spoiler
  • Sportline chrome side rails
  • Sportline 30mm lowering springs
  • Limo tinted windows on all 5.

Talking to SMG about doing the work.

Pick the van up on Monday and want to get this work done ASAP. Bring on the new Sportline look!

Blakey

The Beach goes into SMG tomorrow for its facelift. Can't wait to see the improvements.

I'll post before and after photos when it comes back at the weekend...

Peter.......

We now are progressing with your Beach transformation.

I really do think this is going to look great and exceed your expectations.

:D

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance.

Pleased to report that the work on the van has been completed by SMG in Cowfold. The results? Stunning.

Really dead chuffed with the look. The van has been converted from plain Jane into stylish Simon. The Sportline look suits the van really well. It was dark when I got home so no pictures yet. Will do them this weekend and post here.

The thing I really noticed is the drive and handling. Superb and a big improvement. Feels great to drive.

Great work Steve and SMG!

Cheers
Blakey

Very nice indeed tasteful :thumb :thumb sport line front spoiler is on my wish list :thumb

Part way through modding black satin sportline alloys rear sportline spoiler front splitter to Finnish just waiting know to have him loweredimage.jpg

image.jpg

Anybody tried (got pics) of black wheels and side bars on a silver van? Does it work?

Our old Beach was Silver with black wheels and bars. I thought it looked awesome

IMG_9241_zps6b2c1485.jpg

IMG_9263_zps8b30ef1f.jpg

What sort of insurance impact do these mods have? Definitely have a plain Jane over here!
Thinking if I do one bit at a time the other half won't notice...

It put about £45 on our insurance premium but that was because we told them mid term and I think majority.. if not all of that cost was admin. I doubt there would be much impact at all if you told them at the beginning of the insurance term

Back