Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campervan festival tips for a first timer?

We were at a festival last weekend with our Cali. Left the roof up and it was absolutely fine. After years of doing festivals in tents or walking back to dodgy B&Bs, it was a revelation. Fantastic to go back to our warm and dry van when it tipped down and there was a lull in the running order. We should have taken the plunge and bought one years ago.

Look up in the sky today 18/08 you will see us flying over this afternoon on Paragliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we saw you, you know! Incredible! Hope you had the best time

We were at a festival last weekend with our Cali. Left the roof up and it was absolutely fine. After years of doing festivals in tents or walking back to dodgy B&Bs, it was a revelation. Fantastic to go back to our warm and dry van when it tipped down and there was a lull in the running order. We should have taken the plunge and bought one years ago.
We got back midday and were just saying the same: so nice to have the safe retreat. Warm and dry, with our own little porta Potti! Makes a change from the usual festival experience. Felt luxurious

Hi everyone, we're off to Green Man next weekend and wondering if anyone can help. We've never camped in our Cali Ocean at a festival before and would love a few tips.

One of the major things I'm keen to ask – how secure and safe did you feel at festivals? Did you keep your screen cover on? The popped roof up? Or secure it all as much as possible before leaving to see bands each day?

Anything we should consider aside from the usual suspects: baby wipes, paper plates, spare gas, toilet roll, etc?
Sorry I missed your post. We're regulars at Green Man, although this year we couldn't go due to work being done on our house.

From reading your posts though it sounds like you had a great time which is wonderful to hear. We go to a number of festivals throughout the year, but I think Green Man just about edges it for us. Nice size, lovely people, and really nice vibe to it always.

We'll be there next year for certain (already have our tickets) so maybe we'll catch you then. Best wishes x

Back