Camping at the Puy Du Fou, France

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I would like some advice/information. We are looking forwards to the delivery of our Cali early next year and already we are planning!!:)
One of the first places we plan to visit outside the UK is the Puy Du Fou in France. I looked at campsites close by and they seem to only let you arrive on Saturday, we want to arrive Friday for two nights. Any good experience/knowledge you can pass on?:thumb

There are literally thousands of campsites in France, choose another one:thumb

Hard to belive you only can check in on a sathurday...never heared that rule.
Have you contact them or just read it somwhere?

Hard to belive you only can check in on a sathurday...never heared that rule.
Have you contact them or just read it somwhere?
I was looking at web sites earlier and the first two near the PdF were definitely restrictive. I wonder if its linked to the PdF? I was going to telephone them tomorrow to clarify this point.

We stayed at Camping La Breteche last summer, about 3km away from the main entrance.

There are a few sites in the Vendee that prefer people to reserve longer durations as they know they can fill the sites most of the time. We paid for four nights but only used three, something I'm sure a lot of folk do.

It's worth knowing that any camping within about 10km is likely to be heavily impacted by the night shows at Puy du Fou. It is gobsmackingly, unbelievably loud. Earplugs-in, pillow-over-the-head-3km-away, even-after-a-bottle-of-red-each loud. Definitely a whole-community project to have that going on every Friday & Saturday night every summer!

Well worth it though, a fantastic park like no other we've ever been to.

We stayed at Camping La Breteche last summer, about 3km away from the main entrance.

There are a few sites in the Vendee that prefer people to reserve longer durations as they know they can fill the sites most of the time. We paid for four nights but only used three, something I'm sure a lot of folk do.

It's worth knowing that any camping within about 10km is likely to be heavily impacted by the night shows at Puy du Fou. It is gobsmackingly, unbelievably loud. Earplugs-in, pillow-over-the-head-3km-away, even-after-a-bottle-of-red-each loud. Definitely a whole-community project to have that going on every Friday & Saturday night every summer!

Well worth it though, a fantastic park like no other we've ever been to.
Have been before but did not realise how loud the show was - that is one of the reason to go back this time! Will check out Le Breteche.

Have been before but did not realise how loud the show was - that is one of the reason to go back this time! Will check out Le Breteche.

Us too. We booked too late to get tickets for the Cinescenie so have to go back next year. :D

Just unscrambled booking at Camping La Breteche. Min 4 nights for on-line booking and no arrivals on Friday nights. If you need to book less nights and/or arrive on a Friday you can only book by Phone or Form. I'm sure they have their reasons. I will call them to sort. Thanks for advice/comments. Probably go in July (before School Holidays!)