Puy du Fou

2haw

2haw

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello,

Looking to go to Puy du Fou next Thursday and was thinking about staying overnight in the campervan carpark.

Has anyone on here stayed on-site at Puy du Fou?

Just worried about getting there, and it being full up and having to find somewhere else to stay at late notice!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The Aire has 800 places according to my source. 9 euros/night. I'd be surprised if you weren't able to get parked up.

The Aire has 800 places according to my source. 9 euros/night. I'd be surprised if you weren't able to get parked up.

That's great, thanks for the info... just worried about getting moaned at by the other half!!

That's great, thanks for the info... just worried about getting moaned at by the other half!!
Understandable. I took a look on Google Maps Aerial View. Even when there are spaces in the Aire some folks still park on the verge outside near the access road.

Puy du Fou Aire.png

Hello,

Looking to go to Puy du Fou next Thursday and was thinking about staying overnight in the campervan carpark.

Has anyone on here stayed on-site at Puy du Fou?

Just worried about getting there, and it being full up and having to find somewhere else to stay at late notice!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, stayed there last year. The site is OK but quite crowded. You can walk to the Parc from the site in about 5mins although some folk drove! I would recommend you book as you will be in the middle of the peak French holiday season. Let us know how you get on including about your visit. We have been three times over the years and always enjoy it. Thought about going to the Cinescene? We are only two adults and found it spectacular. Might be tricky for young children though.

Yes, stayed there last year. The site is OK but quite crowded. You can walk to the Parc from the site in about 5mins although some folk drove! I would recommend you book as you will be in the middle of the peak French holiday season. Let us know how you get on including about your visit. We have been three times over the years and always enjoy it. Thought about going to the Cinescene? We are only two adults and found it spectacular. Might be tricky for young children though.

I emailed them about booking and they replied that you just arrive and pay €9 for the night.

I tried to book the Cinescene aswell but it wouldn't give me that option so I've assumed its fully booked.

Looking forward to it and will let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Mark

I emailed them about booking and they replied that you just arrive and pay €9 for the night.

I tried to book the Cinescene aswell but it wouldn't give me that option so I've assumed its fully booked.

Looking forward to it and will let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Mark
My wife just reminded me that we stayed at the campsite not the RV site! Sorry for the silver moment!
I just looked at PdF web site and yes it seems as if they are fully booked. It is very popular and only available on some days. A pitty it’s a great evenings entertainment.
In any event you will have a great time.

My wife just reminded me that we stayed at the campsite not the RV site! Sorry for the silver moment!
I just looked at PdF web site and yes it seems as if they are fully booked. It is very popular and only available on some days. A pitty it’s a great evenings entertainment.
In any event you will have a great time.

No problem!

I've emailed them to see if the campervan parking ever gets full-up for extra peace of mind.

Thank you..

PdF RV site is only just ok (IMHO) , if you are only sleeping there having seen the evening show and leaving early in the morning.

PdF itself is Excellent :)

Cheers
Mark

PdF RV site is only just ok (IMHO) , if you are only sleeping there having seen the evening show and leaving early in the morning.

PdF itself is Excellent :)

Cheers
Mark

Thank you.

I'm not expecting much, just a grass carpark really.

The website says toilet facilities, do you know if they have any showers?

No showers…

Tarif : 2018
Stationnement nuitée (1 H à 7 H du matin): 9 €
Eau : 2 €/100 litres
Électricité : 2 €/1 jeton 6 heures
Paiement par carte bancaire ou pièces

Type de borne : Plateforme

Services :
ep.gif
eu.gif
cas.gif
wc.gif

Accès handicapés
Poubelles
Point vente boulanger 7h à 8h45 à l'entrée de l'aire

Autres informations :
Ouvert du 31/03 au 25/09
800 emplacements
8 bornes électriques
Tél : +33(0)820 091 010
info@puydufou.com
http://www.puydufou.com

No problem!

I've emailed them to see if the campervan parking ever gets full-up for extra peace of mind.

Thank you..
Wise move!

Stayed there for 3 nights about 2 weeks ago and there was plenty of space
... I would say about half full! so would not be worried about space left.
Do not hesitate to do a tour around and chose a quiet space, you can walk to the toilet block & entrance using the path ... so far away from everyone but close by using the path.
Plenty of flat area, all grassy

Sorry can't remember about the showers. I do remember my Girls complaining about the state of the toilets.

I'm very tempted to book a local campsite for a shower but I think I may just slum it for a day so I don't have to drive and then have to convert the van for sleeping after a long day!

As were only there for 1 day, can anybody recommend which shows are a must?

Stayed there for 3 nights about 2 weeks ago and there was plenty of space
... I would say about half full! so would not be worried about space left.
Do not hesitate to do a tour around and chose a quiet space, you can walk to the toilet block & entrance using the path ... so far away from everyone but close by using the path.
Plenty of flat area, all grassy

That's really great, a recent review gives me some more comfort. Thanks a lot!

We took the free shuttle bus once for the first day and walked back the rest of time as it is really close to the park entrance!
The path is also mostly separated from traffic/road... so would not bother with shuttle and waiting time!
There are only toilets and wash basins, no showers
Go early (from 0800) if you want to have fresh bread from the shop at the entrance... I think they run out of bread from 0830!
The ticket system uses an automatic kiosk (accepts cards) and allows you to go out without paying... only staying the night will generate a charge of €9.
There is a dedicated website for the "campsite" with more information... google it

I'm very tempted to book a local campsite for a shower but I think I may just slum it for a day so I don't have to drive and then have to convert the van for sleeping after a long day!

As were only there for 1 day, can anybody recommend which shows are a must?
All the shows are excellent, you will not be disappointed which ever you go for but for us Le Bal des Oiseaux Fantômes our favourite. I won’t say any more for fear of spoiling your experience. If you’ve never been before your in for a treat! Enjoy it.

Spent the day in Puy du Fou today and we have all had a fantastic time. What an amazing place with some really great shows.

The campervan parking has lots of spare pitches and the toilet block, although a little small for the amount of parking spaces, was not too bad really. It just needs some showers!!

Would really recommend a visit, my only regret was not hiring a English translator earphone as my French is a little rusty!

20180822_173033.jpg

Going to slightly hijack this....

We are in this area in a few weeks and was thinking about heading here for the day.

The night time show has sold out and i was wondering if it was still worth the visit just for the day or would we be better saving this for a future trip where we can stay close by and spend a couple of days at the park including the night show?

Going to slightly hijack this....

We are in this area in a few weeks and was thinking about heading here for the day.

The night time show has sold out and i was wondering if it was still worth the visit just for the day or would we be better saving this for a future trip where we can stay close by and spend a couple of days at the park including the night show?
The night show was also fully booked when we went so we havent seen it but the park is fantastic.

I would really recommend a visit but we did not see every show in the 1 day we were there. For us, with 3 kids, 2 of them fairly young, 1 day was certainly enough.

Dont forget to order / book the translation headphones though! If I recall correctly, all of the commentary is in French.

Useful info. I will be staying at the Campervan site for 1 night. Its free to park during the day and the fee has now increased to 13.90 euro from 1am to 7am. No mention of charges for water, electricity but Wifi is free.

Some reduced (20%) entrance fee on certain days next month. Seems like a bargain for a full days entertainment.

I went a couple of weeks ago, thanks to tips from this forum.
The camping place is huge. Toilets, waste and a bakery onsite in the morning. A shuttle bus too, but we drove to the car park at the entrance so we could back to the van for food and a nap.
An excellent day out. And back to the camping area afterwards.

Love this place and recommend to everyone heading to La Rochelle area.

Just a short walk to the park from the camping carpark.

Rubbish facilities but ok for one night.

Will definitely head back one day.