Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping in the Lake District...in winter

B

bilberry

Guest User
Just back from a camp in the Lakes, trying out our rather fabulous Calitop for warmth and waterproofness. We love it (despite the rather basic attachment system) because it's in four pieces and rolls up neatly, as well as being a cinch to put on quickly.

We've just made our first video review of the site for Campfire Magazine. The Quiet Site at Watermillock is one of the few that's open all year – fabulous location and amazing eco credentials (not so sure about those green statics, but someone must love them!) Watch the video at campfiremag.co.uk/quiet And let us know what you think.

Cove Park, just (I do mean just) over the road is a prettier site, but closed in Winter. Better layout, not stacked on top of each other. I think it used to be one site but there was a falling out of brothers many years ago.

Just back from a camp in the Lakes, trying out our rather fabulous Calitop for warmth and waterproofness. We love it (despite the rather basic attachment system) because it's in four pieces and rolls up neatly, as well as being a cinch to put on quickly.

We've just made our first video review of the site for Campfire Magazine. The Quiet Site at Watermillock is one of the few that's open all year – fabulous location and amazing eco credentials (not so sure about those green statics, but someone must love them!) Watch the video at campfiremag.co.uk/quiet And let us know what you think.
Link not working btw.

Should be OK now. Just a bit of site maintenance gone awry!

Scotgate campsite in Braithwaite. Handy for Keswick and showers have underfloor heating.

Been there ourselves a few winters ago, during the bad one. Farmers apparently lost half their sheep that week. Whilst stuck there the power went out and we had no heating in our old van other than 240v radiators which were now of course useless. Snowed in and stuck for a few days.

This video is the reason I got a heater fitted to mine. :)

Will go check out the vid :)

Great video - will definitely be trying out that site and/or Cove Park later in the year :thumb

Great vid. Hint of "sinister serial killer" in there but, it kinda works. :Nailbiting

........and the the winner is ..........Matt. NO!!!! Stop!!!! La La Land.

Sykeside near Brothers water is open all year.
On site pub is good too.
Second Wasdale site as well. That's where we tried out the prototype CaliCosi in Feb.