Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping mode door bleep

In Will's YT vid he is talking about the "ignition key" warning. That is something different to the "Move Gear selector to P" warning which is accompanied by a single bing and only when in camping mode.
I fear the thread has drifted a little and I do wonder if anyone buying Carista to fix this software bug that seems to be on both Oceans & Coasts might not find what they are looking for in the way of a fix.
Thanks @Stu@rt that’s why I questioned myself if we were talking about the same thing

I also get this beep on my Beach and I am sure it has only started doing this recently. I have only had my van from new since October. In camping mode, in park, no key in ignition, single beep and shows on dash the door that is open in red.

We are getting the same short bleep and it is driving me NUTS. I searched the forum but didn’t find anything (I may have searched for beep rather than bleep) and it’s great that people have been able to describe and replicate the issue so clearly, something if not have been able to do. Thank you!

Glad I came here for the bleeping as I now also found out how to kill the key-in-ignition alarm which is driving me even MORE NUTS.
I don’t suppose anyone in Eastish London has a Carista they’d lend me for a couple minutes?

Fingers crossed VW will pick up on this bleeping update issue and de-issue it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too on the single beep/bleep apparently randomly. I’ll now monitor to see if it is only once on each door after activating camping mode. It’s a strange thing that we all feel the comfort of not being alone in our bleeps

Buy a Carista for 25 shiny British pounds from Amazon. You can turn all sorts of things on and off, have a search for “carista” on this forum for more info
Can confirm. Carista owner here, and this was the main reason I bought it. From memory you can choose between no warnings, drivers door only or the full Monty. Default is any door open triggers the beeping, which is bl**dy annoying when putting up/lowering the roof. I went back to drivers door only.

We do not have the beep and use camping mode and changed Nothing with Carista
Ocean delivered july 13

We do not have the beep and use camping mode and changed Nothing with Carista
Ocean delivered july 13
Is yours a T5? Could be a 6 / 6.1 thing only, anyone else with a 6.1 want to weigh in here with your own experience?

Me too on the single beep/bleep apparently randomly. I’ll now monitor to see if it is only once on each door after activating camping mode. It’s a strange thing that we all feel the comfort of not being alone in our bleeps
Can report for me it’s not a “once only” beep after activating camping mode. Yet to identify a repeatable pattern to it. It’s just one of those charming quirks of owning these lovely vehicles . 6.1 MY21 delivered Nov 20.

We have a Cali Beach t6.1 - get a beep every time with each door open, in camp mode no key in ignition, in park. Is super annoying when you try and sneak out in the middle of the night without waking up everyone near you…..

Just tried mine .... T6.1 California Ocean 22MY ... turned on camping mode, opened door - no beep. Just a display in the instrument pack.

Digital dash and discover pro if that makes a difference?

Carista coded to beep on keys-in-ignition for drivers door only.

Just tried mine .... T6.1 California Ocean 22MY ... turned on camping mode, opened door - no beep. Just a display in the instrument pack.

Digital dash and discover pro if that makes a difference?

Carista coded to beep on keys-in-ignition for drivers door only.
:agreed We have the same / settings modified via Carista the same / experience is the same.

I noticed the beep for the first time this weekend. It doesn't seem to happen on all door openings for me. When the vehicle has been locked and unlocked, I get the beep on the front doors, the first time they are opened after unlock. If the sliding door is opened from the inside (after locking/unlocking) then there's no beep. Also no apparent beep when opening the sliding door from the outside after locking and using the remote key (electric sliding door). Need to test it out some more to find all the patterns... So if I'm inside or I use the key, I don't get the beep. We had both seats rotated so were not opening the front doors from the inside so I don't know about that.

I noticed the beep for the first time this weekend. It doesn't seem to happen on all door openings for me. When the vehicle has been locked and unlocked, I get the beep on the front doors, the first time they are opened after unlock. If the sliding door is opened from the inside (after locking/unlocking) then there's no beep. Also no apparent beep when opening the sliding door from the outside after locking and using the remote key (electric sliding door). Need to test it out some more to find all the patterns... So if I'm inside or I use the key, I don't get the beep. We had both seats rotated so were not opening the front doors from the inside so I don't know about that.
My experience is identical.

I noticed the same during our ongoing trip. The dashboard then displays ‘Put gearlever in P’ or something similar. Doesn’t make sense, and did not have this last summer…
Well this is still an issue in 2024 new Ocean Jan 24. Not sure if the combination of things I did but went into camping mode opened a door and remember hearing a long single beep. Drove home and now on the driveway orange triangle “place in P visit workshop” start and stop engine on drive opened bonnet closed bonnet opened doors went in and out of camping mode nothing would clear it. Drove 100 meters off my drive and it cleared and does not come back on. Defo a software glitch just disappointed it’s not been sorted still

It might be a glitch, or operation error, If you’re concerned, I would get your van looked at by a VW van centre, and soon! The dealers don’t tell you this, but you have 3 months to have them look at set-up issues and tweaks. Inside 3 months, the van centre has basically carte blanc to do what they need, without referring back to VW. After 3 months, you’re still covered under warranty, but the van centre needs to verify with VWUK that your issue is a warranty matter.

This came to our knowledge when we had some minor issues on the side door blind not coming all the way down. As it wasn’t a huge problem, we waited till the first service, and the van centre then said they needed to check whether this was a fault, or normal, with VW. In the end, whilst VW maintained it was normal (!!?) the van centres lead technician still took the trim off and adjusted, in good will!

Back