Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lighting?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
On a campsite in our T6.1 Cornwall, first time away on a few nights, how can you turn the interior lights off, so whenever you open the sliding door or driver’s door the interior lights stay off. Know how to switch them off when on, know there is a camping mode which I thought was activated, boxes ticked, and activated box highlighted blue but still the lights go on if drivers door opened, or sliding door, also don’t appear to turned themselves off, unless you lock the doors. Any advice greatly received. Think a big learning curve on this trip, due to lockdown not been away much in our T6.1

Fresh video from Cali Chris goes through it all. Explains it well................

I watched that last night, I still need to have a play, I don't want the habitation lights coming on all the time, camping mode or otherwise... Might have to read the manual :shocked

We use camping mode to stop the interior lights coming on when the slider is opened, I don't want waking up when the Mrs has to go & use the facilities in the middle of the night.

I’m finding that I need to use both ‘camping’ mode and ‘lights’ to ensure the lights do not come back on when opening doors, tailgate, sliding door when at training.
Today I just used ‘lights’ - all went out. I opened the passenger door to get some training stuff out and the lights came back on.
In camping mode, I also find living area lights come back on when opening the sliding door.
I’m not sure on all the combinations, but they only one that really works is using both.
It is quite concerning for me to get it right as I could have doors open all day at agility comps or training camps.

We use camping mode to stop the interior lights coming on when the slider is opened, I don't want waking up when the Mrs has to go & use the facilities in the middle of the night.
Does SWMBO know you are blaming her?

Maybe it's the Luddite in me, but this "camping mode" and light management control panel seems like a case of adding tech for tech's sake, and not for any ease of use.
If you need to rtfm to work out how to turn lights on and off, something's seriously amiss!

Maybe it's the Luddite in me, but this "camping mode" and light management control panel seems like a case of adding tech for tech's sake, and not for any ease of use.
If you need to rtfm to work out how to turn lights on and off, something's seriously amiss!
on the t6 and previous, you arrive at the campsite, press the light switch on the console near the interior rearview mirror to "OFF" and...done! "Camping mode" is activated!! Simple, just a on/off switch. nothing wrong with that. no need for touchscreen display, 2 sub menu, motherboards, sensors etc... just a switch!!

on the t6 and previous, you arrive at the campsite, press the light switch on the console near the interior rearview mirror to "OFF" and...done! "Camping mode" is activated!! Simple, just a on/off switch. nothing wrong with that. no need for touchscreen display, 2 sub menu, motherboards, sensors etc... just a switch!!

That button still works exactly the same on the T6.1

If the camping function is too complicated / you can’t understand the manual, you don’t have to use it.

The menus also have functions like stopping the external running lights coming on if you unlock the van at night. I do not think you can do that on a T6?

Once. You have set your preferences ( just tick the relevant boxes) they are set until you change them. All you then need to do is turn camping mode on and off. No more difficult than pressing the light switch on or off.

Back