Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite Groeneveld

Odie99

Odie99

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello

We are planning our first trip abroad in our Cali to Belgium next month. We just have a few days so keeping it close but were thinking a couple of days near Ghent and then maybe to Bruges or the coast. We are looking at Campsite Groeneveld (near Ghent) but I have only found a few reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with this campsite (or even the area that it is in).

:thanks

Hello

We are planning our first trip abroad in our Cali to Belgium next month. We just have a few days so keeping it close but were thinking a couple of days near Ghent and then maybe to Bruges or the coast. We are looking at Campsite Groeneveld (near Ghent) but I have only found a few reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with this campsite (or even the area that it is in).

:thanks
We used Camping Blaarmeersen when visiting Ghent, big site with plenty of pitches, easy bus/bike ride to centre, only down side is it is a bit noisy from nearby roads.
Terrific city, we had a great time there.

We used Camping Blaarmeersen when visiting Ghent, big site with plenty of pitches, easy bus/bike ride to centre, only down side is it is a bit noisy from nearby roads.
Terrific city, we had a great time there.

Yes I’ll second Blaarmeersen: it’s a big municipal campsite near a lake and 20 mins on the frequent bus from the lovely city centre. Toilets and showers were old but OK. The campsite is big with pleasant surroundings although I expect the limited toilet / shower facilities would be busy in summer. Chip shop and supermarket on site. Some pitches are over 25m from their hookup pole.

Thank you for the replies.

Camping Memling is definitely on the radar for Bruges. Camping Blaarmeersen is interesting with double thumbs up (although the need for an over 25m cable might be a pain .... not sure I want to buy a longer cable).

Mmmmm..... decisions, decisions...

(although the need for an over 25m cable might be a pain .... not sure I want to buy a longer cable).

They'll loan or maybe rent you an extension but just ask for a pitch near an outlet.

Don't go camping that much in my own country but i checked out the website of the Groenevelt camping and it sure looks good .
Also in that region , close to Gent , Ypres , ...
Not a campsite but a spot next to a ice-cream/birstro , no showers/wash up facilitys doh .
Brugges vistit is defenatly Camping Memling i've heard , never been there but planning maybe this fall a visit there...

Camping Memling were very accommodating last night when we experienced horrid traffic getting out of the UK and had to go cross-country across most of Sussex and Kent and arrived just before midnight - they have 4 large parking spaces/pitches outside the barrier and kept one free for us. Clean showers and an easy ride into Bruges. Definitely recommended. Now waffle time before Campercentrum Amersfoort on the way towards Denmark and then Bornholm....