Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any campsite/town recommendations for Belgium?

Detritus

Detritus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

We're on the last few days of our trip and currently in Staufen in the Black Forest. Was thinking if heading up to Bruges tomorrow to give the kids a few days there before tunnel back on Monday night. Unfortunately Camping Memling are saying they're fully booked though so looking for recommendations of other places that will please all the family. Have read that Antwerp and Ghent are nice in other posts but can't find any campsites that look good and with easy transport into the centre. Does anyone have any recommendations on towns and sites?
The appeal of Bruges was the combination of food (chocolate for the kids, chips and mussels and beer for us!), architecture etc so looking for something along those lines - a good place to finish our three week European tour! All recommendations very gratefully received,don't want it to just fade out doing stops at uninteresting places

Thanks,

Jez

This place is great just not sure it's in the right location for you

http://www.puyenbroeck.be/

Go there for the Split Bus Nation show every other year, nice pitches, great facilities with lists tomdomformthe whole family but also nice and quite

I don’t know about campsites but we stumbled across Leuven last year - really lovely compact University town, very pretty.

Loads of bars / cafes / restaurants / ice cream in the centre. I think there’s also a Stella Artois museum...

Belgium is not that big , get yourself a campsite near the coast and take the train to Brugges .
But only one can be the best and thats Antwerp!
Also very nice old buildings , museums and the best shopping ....
Two campsites in walking/public transport .
I am browsing from a French campsite , see if i can look them up later .
There is a tread on the forum with links to those Antwerp campsites.
It's a long weekend 15th aug. (bank holliday ) in Belgium so busy everywhere

Antwerp campsite , never used any of these ...
http://www.camping-de-molen.be/
They say this is the best out of the two
Walking under the Schelde river straight in the old town of Antwerp

And thisone
http://www.camperparkvogelzang.be/
Seen thatone and is not much to take as campsite imo. but easy to acces town by tram (tramway stops at two min. walk from campsite) .
But the site itself is not much.

If you want Brugges to see , just take a site near the coast.
Every tourist wants to see Brugges but i can tell you thats not even close to the best cityvisit in Belgium .
Overloaded with tourists , let me tell you something...
People living in Brugges accualy are not happy with the tourists (like in Venice/Italy) , did you know if you as a tourist drink a beer at the pub you pay more as people living in Brugges ....simply becose you are a tourist they assume that you pay more .
Personal i am disgusted with that!
No such thing in Antwerp or Brussels
Oh and take a good look at the box when you buy chocolate in Brugges ....it may wel be fabricated outside Belgium...

Go to Gent , Antwerp , visit Flanders fields,....much better.

Last edited:
Ypres is pleasant and worth visiting if you are interested in British history.

Always impressed with the food in .

I also enjoyed the Ardennes region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new york,london, paris, munich, (pop music) brussels, amsterdam ,berlin ,san fran, sydney,
hong kong,
so what number was antwerp in the list.
sorry, i don´t like lists.

\if you want to visit Ypres you could try camping jeugdstadion in Ypres but they pack motorhomes and campers in very tightly.

Better is here .... http://www.camping-ypra.be/en/

It's in Kemmel, in the heart of the Salient, lots of local WW1 sites, 7 miles from Ypres, Kemmel is a nice little town and a couple of very nice bars and a very nice restaurant in it.

Belgium is not that big , get yourself a campsite near the coast and take the train to Brugges .
But only one can be the best and thats Antwerp!
Also very nice old buildings , museums and the best shopping ....
Two campsites in walking/public transport .
I am browsing from a French campsite , see if i can look them up later .
There is a tread on the forum with links to those Antwerp campsites.
It's a long weekend 15th aug. (bank holliday ) in Belgium so busy everywhere
I am a Spaniard living in Luxembourg. The best thing for me about living in Luxembourg is its location. We have so many cities in different countries around. Antwerp is one of my favorites. I try to visit it every month.

Back