Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite near amsterdam

S

sandman91

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone know if there is a good campsite near Amsterdam ?
, can u drive Euro 6 California in Amsterdam it’s self . Any info gratefully received .

Delivery vans and camper vans with a diesel engine (vehicle category N1) with a DET (date of first registration) before 1 January 2000 may not enter. More information in English can be found on the municipality website of Amsterdam here. I'm guessing you're T6 Ocean was build after 2000 :) so you should be safe.

As for a campsite, are you looking for one now? soon?, or later this year? I could recommend some, but it's high season now and many people are staying local, or at least in the country, so campings are quite busy. Let me know when you need one and I'll give you a few options.

Delivery vans and camper vans with a diesel engine (vehicle category N1) with a DET (date of first registration) before 1 January 2000 may not enter. More information in English can be found on the municipality website of Amsterdam here. I'm guessing you're T6 Ocean was build after 2000 :) so you should be safe.

As for a campsite, are you looking for one now? soon?, or later this year? I could recommend some, but it's high season now and many people are staying local, or at least in the country, so campings are quite busy. Let me know when you need one and I'll give you a few options.
Thanks for info. We hsve 2019 t6 so should be ok . Planning to go first week august. I know it will be v busy but worth a try . Any recommends ?

Depending on how close you need to be to Amsterdam itself, I'd recommend Amstelkade or Klein Hemelrijk. Both a 45 min drive to Amsterdam city centre, but nice, small scale, green campsites. Or this one, or this one.

If you need something closer to the city itself, maybe someone else can make a suggestions. I know of some but havent visited them myself. Here's a list of camper stops and campings near Amsterdam. Again, keep in mind that camp sites may be fully booked for the period you are planning to visit.

Camping Gaasperplas, it is a “citycamping” but very near a subwaystation. In the center of Amsterdam witling 15 minutes

If you would like a site near the beach Camping Geversduin is a good option with easy access to Amsterdam ( 30 mins) by train from nearby station

If you would like a site near the beach Camping Geversduin is a good option with easy access to Amsterdam ( 30 mins) by train from nearby station
THANKS SO MUCH REALLY HELPFUL

MANY THANKS THATS BRILLIANT

Last edited by a moderator: