Campsite near Channel Tunnel - Folkestone

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Have made some searches on here concerning the above and come up with "The Warren" which looks a great site for views etc. Unfortunately it's closed all year and only taking bookings for next year (let's hope the access road is resurfaced by then!).
I need a recommended place for this year close to the Tunnel in October.
Any thoughts/suggestions to help me?
Thanks in advance.

If you are crossing to France why not get over there and use an Aire close to your planned route from Calais?

Done that way you can rise next morning fresh for your onward journey.

It's the way we have done it for years now.

If you are crossing to France why not get over there and use an Aire close to your planned route from Calais?

Done that way you can rise next morning fresh for your onward journey.

It's the way we have done it for years now.
We're a bit sloth like when it comes to doing lots of miles. Our crossing is at 12:30pm and we will be travelling from the Midlands so we will get down to Folkestone the night before and have a look round the town in the morning (we've never been) before getting on the Chunnel. On the other side we will, as you suggest, find an Aire/site on our route at a convenient place. Our final destination is Estepona in southern Spain returning in December so we have plenty of time....

LIttle Switzerland? Basic facilities for the money but fine for a one night, you can see France on a clear day and less than 15 mins to the tunnel. Facebook page says they are taking bookings from August so wouldn't have thought October a problem.

Caravan club Black HorseFarm is a regular stop off for people crossing the channel

Always stop in the Canterbury park and ride for 7£. Very safe separate night stop and toilets open 7 to 9 (best check). Gone to the pub next door before kipping down for the night.
Canterbury lovely town and was free bus to and from the park and ride or could walk in 20 mins.
Less than 30 mins from Dover.

@Jabberwocky We live in Estepona and my wife is from Solihull, lol. Don’t know how well you know the place but if you need any advice when down here give us a shout - sounds like an awesome trip you’re planning.

@Jabberwocky We live in Estepona and my wife is from Solihull, lol. Don’t know how well you know the place but if you need any advice when down here give us a shout - sounds like an awesome trip you’re planning.
Have been several times and has become a bit of a pilgrimage at Christmas time, if we make it this will be the first time we have taken the Cali. Thanks for offer.

There is another Caravan club site, Daleacres, near Hythe which is pretty close to the Tunnel.

Back