Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsites near parkruns

.Billy Ocean.

.Billy Ocean.

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Evening all,

We’re big parkrun fans, and our first lot of weekends away in the van have been based on sites within a mile or so walk of a parkrun.

Currently we’ve visited:
Cheddar CAMC site
Minehead CAMC site
Tredegar House CAMC site (Newport)
Tewkesbury Abbey CAMC site
Little Roadway (Woolacombe)

Off to Cirencester CAMC next weekend.

Would love to hear about any other good campsite / parkrun combos please.

IMG_7935.jpeg

Sandringham - either the C&CC site or the CMHC site
There‘s a Park Run at North Walsham, and the 2 Mills Campsite is about a mile out of town.

We stayed at the C&CC Kingsbury site for Kingsbury Water Park and there Oxford site for University Parks as it’s opposite a park and ride which is only a 15/20 min journey and then a 10 min walk to the park.

We are also going to be staying at the CAMC Buxton site which is 1.5 mile away from Pavillion Gardens Parkrun.

Ferry meadows and Warwick Racecourse CAMC are within 5 minutes walk of local park runs

We also stayed on Lands End Camping and Glamping site when we did Lands End last year which is about 15/20 minute walk and then when we did the Eden Project we stopped at Doubletree Farm which is about a 25 min walk. You also get into the Eden Project free when you do this Parkrun.

Sorry, I’m a bit of a Parkrun Tourist :)

We also stayed on Lands End Camping and Glamping site when we did Lands End last year which is about 15/20 minute walk and then when we did the Eden Project we stopped at Doubletree Farm which is about a 25 min walk. You also get into the Eden Project free when you do this Parkrun.

Sorry, I’m a bit of a Parkrun Tourist :)

The Eden Project parkrun is definitely on the To Do list, I didn’t realise you could get in for free as well - nice touch.

We did Lands End last year before we had the van, but I have a feeling we’ll be back as we love a bit of parkrun tourism - we may even see you on our travels!

Delamere and Conkers are two CCC sites I’ve stayed at and done ParkRun. Can walk to the start of both easily.
There is a campervan Parkrunner tourist group on Facebook with lots of posts about places to stay.

We're in Anglesey today, at Awelfryn campsite at Newborough, ready for Newborough parkrun tomorrow, fifteen minutes bike ride away.

We did Sizewell parkrun last Saturday, based at Cliff House campsite near Dunwich (4 miles up the coast, 15 min drive), but there is a campsite right nearby called Beach View I think.

Thanks for the additional suggestions, we’ve now added Warwick and Cheltenham racecourses to our list, and have just booked to stay very near to the aptly named California Country parkrun in September.

Forfar (Angus, Scotland) CAMC site next to the loch. The site is only about 200m from the parkrun start line which loops round the loch. Well organised and popular Parkrun which supports runners/walkers/plodders of all abilities.

I've just remembered, there's a quiet carpark in Peebles where we parked up for a Friday night before a short walk to Hay Lodge parkrun - not quite a campsite but handy.

Evening all,

We’re big parkrun fans, and our first lot of weekends away in the van have been based on sites within a mile or so walk of a parkrun.

Currently we’ve visited:
Cheddar CAMC site
Minehead CAMC site
Tredegar House CAMC site (Newport)
Tewkesbury Abbey CAMC site
Little Roadway (Woolacombe)

Off to Cirencester CAMC next weekend.

Would love to hear about any other good campsite / parkrun combos please.

View attachment 108397
https://tomcatfarm.co.uk/
down hill to Ipswich park run uphill on way back, more than a mile but easy bike ride.
https://www.parkrun.org.uk/ipswich/

1698479736652.png

Last edited:
Knaresborough C&MC, nice site. About 1 mile from Knaresborough park run, which I have to big up as it’s our local and Mrs willwander volunteers there most week’s. She’s a big park run fan, usually does one whenever we go away.

East Brighton Park Run is next door to the Brighton Campsite, if you don't overindulge in the local brewery tap rooms on Friday night it is a great park run to do