Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can’t move Thule aero bar

Koops

Koops

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’ve had the Thule aero bars on my Cali now for almost one year. Today I tried to move them but couldn’t. First I slackened the vertical t bolt nuts that clamp the foot to the slot of the roof, wouldn’t move even when tapping the rubber foot with a mallet. Then I also tried slackening the 2 horizontal screws that clamp the metal bracket to the foot, everything was loose apart from the rubber foot which would not slide along the t slot. I was working on the feet at both sides of the roof, slackening them together. Perhaps I have overlooked something or the rubber has bonded to the roof :-(
Any similar experience or advice? Thanks

I’ve had the Thule aero bars on my Cali now for almost one year. Today I tried to move them but couldn’t. First I slackened the vertical t bolt nuts that clamp the foot to the slot of the roof, wouldn’t move even when tapping the rubber foot with a mallet. Then I also tried slackening the 2 horizontal screws that clamp the metal bracket to the foot, everything was loose apart from the rubber foot which would not slide along the t slot. I was working on the feet at both sides of the roof, slackening them together. Perhaps I have overlooked something or the rubber has bonded to the roof :-(
Any similar experience or advice? Thanks
So tapping the rubber feet in direction of the t slots was the mistake. Tried to move the bars again today, this time prising the feet upwards (hands only), and the feet unstuck :)

So tapping the rubber feet in direction of the t slots was the mistake. Tried to move the bars again today, this time prising the feet upwards (hands only), and the feet unstuck :)
Some grease or Vaseline next time? Or should they be dry?

Back