Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can anybody help me out on this

Willem,
the click you get when you try to close the sliding door sounds as if it could be a sensor problem. ( It sounds similar to what you hear when the roof sensors fail & the roof won’t go up)
Just a thought

Willem,
the click you get when you try to close the sliding door sounds as if it could be a sensor problem. ( It sounds similar to what you hear when the roof sensors fail & the roof won’t go up)
Just a thought
hanks for your thoughts,

After everything I have already done, it seems to me that there is something wrong with the door seal where the sensor is located.
I replaced it with a new one two weeks ago, but it could of course be that it is not good.
Yesterday I had the car read again at the garage and according to the computer there is nothing wrong with the electronics in the camper.
The only thing is that the sliding door does not open and close and does not respond at all to the various controls.
It's driving me crazy, I've been working on it for three weeks now.
thanks again.

regards,
Willem

hanks for your thoughts,

After everything I have already done, it seems to me that there is something wrong with the door seal where the sensor is located.
I replaced it with a new one two weeks ago, but it could of course be that it is not good.
Yesterday I had the car read again at the garage and according to the computer there is nothing wrong with the electronics in the camper.
The only thing is that the sliding door does not open and close and does not respond at all to the various controls.
It's driving me crazy, I've been working on it for three weeks now.
thanks again.

regards,
Willem
Willem what does the garage say is the cause? Or don't they know?
Replacing the roof sensors involves quite a lot of rewiring.. Maybe that is necessary when replacing the door sensor?

Hi,

indeed the garage does not know and i already replaced the door sensor (215.- euro's)
I believe you have VCDS from your previous messages.

If you go into the Controller menu and select the Sliding Door ECU you should be able to read the live inputs and determine what each of the status of each sensor is and that you be able to point you to the issue. Ie the ECU doesn't think there is a fault but one of the sensors must be giving a false reading.

I believe you have VCDS from your previous messages.

If you go into the Controller menu and select the Sliding Door ECU you should be able to read the live inputs and determine what each of the status of each sensor is and that you be able to point you to the issue. Ie the ECU doesn't think there is a fault but one of the sensors must be giving a false reading.
OK thanks,

I'll do that today and let you know.
An acquaintance of mine is coming by today to read the California again and I will ask him. I hope that one of the sensors gives the wrong result.

Hi there,

I would like to let you know how things went with my California.
After much searching, it turned out that the drainage pipe on the left under the dashboard was loose from the pipe that runs to the bottom of the car.
The water ran straight into the car, resulting in the carpet being soaking wet and causing more and more things to stop working, including the sliding door.
I have had an electric heater in the car for two days now with the windows slightly open.
I don't know what's under the carpet, but I hope that when it dries things will work again.
If not, the carpet has to be removed and I can go and see what's underneath.
Do any of you know what happens to be under the carpet and if so what?
Thank you in advance,

regards Willem

Reactions: Sad
Back