• Thread starter OllieCollieCali
  • Start date
OllieCollieCali

OllieCollieCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi All,
Im hoping someone may be able to help please, my T5 2006 seems t have developed a fault since I last used it earlier in the week.

I have used an OBD Eleven to check for faults, and its saying fault code 01331 "Drivers side door control module no signal / communication - static"

I am not able to put the windows up / down from the drivers side (although passenger side works fine from passenger side switch) the lock / unlock button does not work, but more importantly the electric folding mirrors are not working.
When I parked it a few days ago, I folded the mirrors in, and so now I am unable to drive the van as I cant get them to fold back out again.

When I put the key in the drivers lock, and turn and hold unlock the passenger window goes down, and back up when I lock, but not the drivers side.

I have checked the wires by the hinge running from the door to pillar, and there doesnt seem to be any damage or kinked / broken wires but its still covered in the insulation. Ive wiggled the wires as much as possible to see if theres a loose connection but still nothing.

Could this be a blown fuse? and if so where would the fuse be located? if not any pointers on what this could be? It seemed to be working fine last time I drove it and parked it.

I also have a fault with the courtesy lights when you open any of the doors it keeps blowing the 5amp fuse, but I dont think this is related, I suspect this is the wiring to the light by the rear view mirror.

Any help even just to get the mirrors back out would be great.

Many thanks

Graeme

I’d start by checking power and ground at the module. Dig out the wiring scheme, confirm which wires are power /ground and check with a meter.
Could be any number of things buts that’s the best place to start.

Thankyou! I went out today with the plan to remove the module / window switches, but it seems to have fixed itself over the last couple of days, which is great! I like it when problems magically solve themselves!
I suspect maybe a bit of water had got to the switch somehow and has now dried out. All working for now though!

Many thanks

Graeme