Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can I connect portable Bluetooth speakers to the van’s audio system?

GrandCaliforniaFI

GrandCaliforniaFI

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello!
I would like to connect my Sony SRS-XB33 wireless speakers to Grand California’s audio system. I’m not sure if it’s possible, but wanted to check here as I’m still getting familiar with the van.
Thank you in advance for your advice!

I’ve tried to do this on a couple of cars including my Cali where the infotainment system supports bluetooth but never managed it. Phone and Ipad no problem, but not the speaker, the car just doesn’t find it. As the stereo runs for only 20 minutes when the engine is off anyway, I’ve given up, and just use my phone where I can, and an old transistor radio when theres no signal.

Bluetooth audio and bluetooth phone are different things.

Bluetooth phone is where you connect your phone to the van stereo so you can speak and hear calls through the van's audio.

Bluetooth audio / music is then setup as either input or output. Most cars and vans will be input only - the audio on your phone or other bluetooth device is played through the van speakers.

I think you are looking for output - the audio from the van's radio is directed to your external speakers. I would doubt this is available in the van / car as there would not be any normal need for it in a normal car / van. I can see the benefit for camper vans to enhance the speaker quality / location using a portable speaker. To do this the van would need an aux-out from the stereo which then goes into a bluetooth transmitter that your speaker could connect to.

Bluetooth audio and bluetooth phone are different things.

Bluetooth phone is where you connect your phone to the van stereo so you can speak and hear calls through the van's audio.

Bluetooth audio / music is then setup as either input or output. Most cars and vans will be input only - the audio on your phone or other bluetooth device is played through the van speakers.

I think you are looking for output - the audio from the van's radio is directed to your external speakers. I would doubt this is available in the van / car as there would not be any normal need for it in a normal car / van. I can see the benefit for camper vans to enhance the speaker quality / location using a portable speaker. To do this the van would need an aux-out from the stereo which then goes into a bluetooth transmitter that your speaker could connect to.
Thanks! It makes sense.

The issue is that I don’t have a stereo in the van. It came without a stereo. I don’t know if it’s an option when buying it.

Thanks! It makes sense.

The issue is that I don’t have a stereo in the van. It came without a stereo. I don’t know if it’s an option when buying it.
Ok I don’t think you’ll find that option on a stereo even if it’s after market. I would go old school and try and get a stereo with an aux output, which you connect to a Bluetooth sender to then connect to your speaker. That should work.

Back