Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cancelling finance early? Will I be second owner?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
If I buy the Cali using VW solutions PCP to take advantage of £750 contribution then pay everything off after a few days what happens to the log book? I assume VW finance would be the first owner, so you would be the second owner.

Is that correct?

no, you always own the vehicle from day 1 and are the registered owner on the V5. The finance company merely hold a legal 'charge' over the vehicle should you try and sell it without paying them first.

If I buy the Cali using VW solutions PCP to take advantage of £750 contribution then pay everything off after a few days what happens to the log book? I assume VW finance would be the first owner, so you would be the second owner.

Is that correct?
Just settled mine after single payment, registered from day-1 to me, kept the deposit and got the service package saving a bunch of cash.
Remember the V5 is the keeper, not owner, but even with PCP or HP you are the 'owner' unless you default on payments.

That is good to know, thanks!

Stoneybroke - what was the servicing package you got? Can't find this on the vw website.

That is good to know, thanks!

Stoneybroke - what was the servicing package you got? Can't find this on the vw website.
The deal when I ordered in February was £179+vat for 2x full & 2x main series, plus 1st MOT. When we bought this was £370+vat, but original deal honoured. Package only available with finance deal.

Last edited:
Back