Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extend VW finance at the end of the term?

daveyboydanger

daveyboydanger

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’m about 26 months into a 42 month pcp finance deal with VW.
We’d love to keep the van for the long term but will struggle to pay the lump sum of £21k ish. A loan would be rather expensive too. I noticed that there is a paragraph on the website saying it is possible to chat to VW finance about extending. Has anyone done this?

My husband works in car finance and he doesn’t think you can extend the pcp. What VWFS are likely to offer you is a hire purchase agreement for the remaining balance which will probably be similar monthly payments to a loan

My husband works in car finance and he doesn’t think you can extend the pcp. What VWFS are likely to offer you is a hire purchase agreement for the remaining balance which will probably be similar monthly payments to a loan
That’s helpful to know. Thanks for the insight. :)

That’s what I was concerned with when looking at finance options and in the end went with the 10 year option knowing that if I wanted to trade in after 5 years I should be in positive equity at that stage

That’s what I was concerned with when looking at finance options and in the end went with the 10 year option knowing that if I wanted to trade in after 5 years I should be in positive equity at that stage
Just spoken to vw. @Georgiegirl was right - they can refinance the balloon payment changing you from a pcp to a hp agreement. You can choose between 1-5 years to do that.
That’s nice to know. Means we can keep the van!

Back