Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cant connect to Apple Music

R

rayman2

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,

I got my new California that is great, but I struggle to connect to Apple Music.
I go under media -> Source -> Streaming -> Apple Music -> and I get an error "Not connected to media streaming service"
1st time I did it there was an URL to activate streaming, but it went away faster than I could type so I could not activate it. Does anyone know how to get this working? I tried to disable Apple Music in privacy settings and that didn't help. I try to still avoid doing a factory reset to wipe all my settings :(

Bonus question: What is the meaning of a number in a circle in 2nd picture?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 08.58.14.png

tempImageCWQs05.png

@rayman2 Are you trying to connect your device via bluetooth or with a cable?
The number in the circle is, I believe, the number of mobile devices paired to the vehicle.

I am using built-in Apple Music, I would expect this does not need a connection to my phone. I have an external access point connected to the unit has internet.

hmm number of mobile devices at 3 is a bit high since I was only one in car :) I guess its something else.

I am using built-in Apple Music, I would expect this does not need a connection to my phone. I have an external access point connected to the unit has internet.

hmm number of mobile devices at 3 is a bit high since I was only one in car :) I guess its something else.
Regarding the number of devices, have you previously registered other devices? I think the van remembers them?

Regarding the number of devices, have you previously registered other devices? I think the van remembers them?
Yes I have 2 phones but this number sometimes also goes up to 7 :) could it be number of satellites GPS has?

Hi All,

I got my new California that is great, but I struggle to connect to Apple Music.
I go under media -> Source -> Streaming -> Apple Music -> and I get an error "Not connected to media streaming service"
1st time I did it there was an URL to activate streaming, but it went away faster than I could type so I could not activate it. Does anyone know how to get this working? I tried to disable Apple Music in privacy settings and that didn't help. I try to still avoid doing a factory reset to wipe all my settings :(

Bonus question: What is the meaning of a number in a circle in 2nd picture?

Thanks

View attachment 88311

View attachment 88312
Do you mean the number next to the battery sign. That is usually notifications or unread messages on the actual phone - like WhatsApp.

Do you mean the number next to the battery sign. That is usually notifications or unread messages on the actual phone - like WhatsApp.
Now all of the sudden it came back and it works :) thanks for help!

Now all of the sudden it came back and it works :) thanks for help!
Mine has the same issue, i was connected but whilst driving, i went into a gigital ghetto, the apple embedded streaming app stopped. On return home it has the same fault, the tidal will let me connect, but not the apple music. Any pointers as to what made the fix ? Thanks

Back