Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Canvas storage bags

44Whitehall

44Whitehall

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've seen people using stiff canvas basket/bags for storing clothes and other soft items in their vans. The most popular seem to be blue and white. Does anyone have experience of these and feel happy enough with them (or equivalents) to make recommendations?

Our thinking is that each member of the family would have one (or two) for their clothes and other personal effects whenever we go away, they keep packing neat and tidy and they can easily be lifted into the awning on arrival at site.

This newbie welcomes the voice of experience.

I have used Rohan Eagle Creek storage bags for the first time this holiday and I am very impressed. Blue bag for shirts, green one for shorts and trousers and a smaller bag for pants, handkerchiefs etc plus one pullover. You do need to have the right kit. Mine is mostly Rohan which is small, light and doesn't mind being er........ compressed.
However, Mrs DoH does not use them, preferring a slightly more generous approach to storage matters. She has the top cupboard at the back plus much of the hanging space in the wardrobe! She may change but I doubt it somehow.
Hope that helps

Hi and welcome , Thule got those foldeble storage boxes , they are large think only two fits the booth.
We use small bags from Decatlon those fit in the wardrobe .
Best to add your verhicle details so people can anwer in function off you Cali type ( Beach or SE/ Ocean or maybe you got a Coast but doubt that:thumb)

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll have a look.

Profile updated - T5 Beach from 2013, pimped with a kitchen by Slidepods.

PS. @DoH my wife's pants are smaller than mine so she gets less packing space! Forgive me if I don't share your post with her!

Just a thought. I'd suggest that you measure up the bags before buying, whichever ones you get. And the space in the van where they are to go.
In my case the Rohan ones fit perfectly in the drawer under the rear seat, as if they were made for it so it may be worth bearing that in mind which ever ones you go for.
You were probably going to do that anyway........

Back