Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan Club & Caravanners ?

Re: Caravan Club & Caravanners ?

AndyandLiz said:
what a shame
_60806736_flood_henley1.jpg

Naughty but nice ...lol :)

My mum & step dad joined us for one night in Norwich the other week as they live locally and stayed in our spare tent. They really enjoyed themselves but fancied a more relaxing setup than the tent so went out the following day and bought a Tin Tent!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :laugh2 :shocked

Come on guys every one to their own.

Live and let live.

Being caught up in those floods I would not wish that on anyone.

John

Stu said:
My mum & step dad joined us for one night in Norwich the other week as they live locally and stayed in our spare tent. They really enjoyed themselves but fancied a more relaxing setup than the tent so went out the following day and bought a Tin Tent!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :laugh2 :shocked

Noooooooo stu ...did u not explain to them ... Lol

They have there uses tin tents and to he honest they are more practical than a motor home ( not a campervan) ..
Unhook and drive about ,better than motor homes that u can't park anywhere and have to pack most stuff up to go to the shops then need 2 spaces to park with all looking at you then find the bar is to low ... Lol .. :)
The CC just seems to have got an image issue over the years and some hold up that image very well .. Pmsl

Lets face it from a CC perspective, it isn't a bad image. You rarely see one that isn't busy...

We joined the CCC (Caravan and Camping Club). When the welcome pack came through we laughed at their tag line - "The friendly Club". Does that mean the other lot are "Unfriendly"?

S.

Californiaman said:
Lets face it from a CC perspective, it isn't a bad image. You rarely see one that isn't busy...

True ,as u very very rarely get to rock up at a site that night and get in ..they don't like that my friend had to call from outside the site to book even though they told him they had a space ... Lol lol

we stayed at Moreton in the Marsh CC site last week and a caravan turned up at 7.30pm one evening ( which is similar to committing murder in the CC world) , the jobsworth wardens turned them away and said the could stay in the car park or come back the next morning. All he needed to do was lift the barrier for him!

Martin said:
we stayed at Moreton in the Marsh CC site last week and a caravan turned up at 7.30pm one evening ( which is similar to committing murder in the CC world) , the jobsworth wardens turned them away and said the could stay in the car park or come back the next morning. All he needed to do was lift the barrier for him!

That is a CC thing Martin

A site needs toilets, a shower or two and loos, hopefully all cleanish. That's it. The location is what matters and having done a week in Mull and many nights in a relatives field in Rock, those sites laden with rules and deranged Daily Mail readers can naff off.

The California is for freedom. Many sites seem to be allergic to this principle.

Each to their own.......personally not my scene but if it's what they like, then that's fine.

Think the CC has always been like it though as remember my dad making disparaging remarks about them in the 1970s....he was a caravaner but would never have ventured onto one of their sites.....

We have also been members of the CC club since getting the Cali nearly 3 years ago. In total we have met 3 other Cali's (excluding a meet last year during Vanfest). Each year we look at the reasons for renewing the membership and it simply comes down to the location of some of their sites and the toilet cleanliness. We find that if you want a really good view then the CC sites are not usually the places to go.

In fairness to them, we have never had an issue with the 'rules' (maybe lucky that we have never fell foul of them!) and the people we have spoken to have always been friendly and welcoming.
That being said, I just don't get why the tin tenters never seem to sit out in the evenings. TV night after night when on holiday, why? :?

If you want a proper laugh, you should read some of the members site reviews. Lots of complaints about children being noisy, riding bikes or walking(!) past their 'units', laughing, talking, breathing excessively. One person even complained because a fellow tin tenter put their awning up too close to their caravan despite them being on their own pitch and separated by a dividing hedge. Seems some just like to moan. :headwall

We have noticed this year that the site fees are starting to become expensive compared to last year. Suddenly other sites are a lot better value for money.

The question is, is the Camping & Caravan Club any better for Cali's?

dex14 said:
We have noticed this year that the site fees are starting to become expensive compared to last year. Suddenly other sites are a lot better value for money.

The question is, is the Camping & Caravan Club any better for Cali's?

We ended up being members of both the CC and the C & CC this year purely down to the sites we wanted to stay at. Also it cost around £10 extra per night if you are not a member to stay at the sites so the break even for membership is 5 nights stay.

We loved the CC site we stayed at for the facilities and location. We also spent every day out and about doing different activites in the local area. Returning to the campsite whacked out all we wanted was a chilled meal, a relaxing quite nights sleep and good facilities. :D

As for the C & CC site this was definitely buisier with a lot more noise and yes I did see another Cali staying at the site. :thumb

I think the big problem with either Club or indeed any good campsite is that it is always difficult to book last minute, which lets face it, is the only sensible thing to do with our UK climate. :crazy

John

As an owner of both a tin tent towed with my 61 plate Cali suspect see from both sides. I love the freedom of my, sorry honey our Cali, but do like having the van for longer stays in the mountains with the 3 collies. Never had any issues with the CC inhabitants in the 5 years of membership. Generally found them friendly and interested in oddities such as the Cali. Couple of seriously weird ones but overall okay. Never take the tv, always sit outside and with bottle of wine/beer in the awning or outside watching the world go by or reading the kindle even occasionally talk to Mrs G. :D

Great sites and you know what you're going to get. At least they are out there and not convinced the vanners have monopoly on being a bit dull or curtain twitchers, a few motor homers could do with long look in the mirror.

Finally,I promise, try the CLs. Only 5 units allowed and tend to be in great quiet locations with less 'rules'.

Very good point Cody that I totally forgot, the CL's are what makes the CC worth being a member, some CL's have been less than £10 per night in great locations and may of the pubs with campsites attached will be CL's

Martin said:
Very good point Cody that I totally forgot, the CL's are what makes the CC worth being a member, some CL's have been less than £10 per night in great locations and may of the pubs with campsites attached will be CL's

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a CL?

MKRW said:
Martin said:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a CL?

Certificated Locations (CLs) are small, five-van sites that are reserved exclusively for Caravan Club members.

There are around 2,500 CLs across the UK, increasingly popular with members as holiday destinations for their picturesque rural settings and informal relaxed atmosphere.

Each CL is unique, whether on a working farm, large country estate, in the heart of the country or handy for a city.

Facilities on all sites

Fresh water supplies
Chemical closet emptying points
Dry rubbish disposal
Facilities on some sites

Near public houses - over 100 sites
Near a beach - over 900 sites
Electric hook-up - over 1,700 sites

Here's the link;

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/planning-y ... locations/

The C & CC have something similar they are called CS Certified Sites;

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co ... mallsites/