Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan & Camping Club - 3 nights minimum stay policy

The reason we are not members is there is a clue in the name of both clubs CARAVAN, they like to think they are now all modern and with the times but they have not changed their name have they? We have not joined as they don't allow Beach's as we don't have a fixed cooker !!!

Regimented lines is not for me either!

they don't allow Beach's as we don't have a fixed cooker !!!

Really?! Didn't know, we love that! That is the most hilarious thing we have heard in a long time! Great club! Where can we join?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

I'm more than happy when I have "geriatric" neighbours.
It's the families with uncontrolled kids from hell that get on my wick!

Sent from my Galaxy S6
And just my impression, but Club sites tend to have less of them.

Nothing wrong with the Gerries, I'm not far off myself, but not to have so many to the detriment of others.

Shouldn't this thread be renamed 'every C&CC site still has a minimum 2 night policy except for Bank Holidays and our most popular Lake District sites'???
Sounds like they are just cashing in like all other campsites do for peak times for the year, and acknowledging that their busiest sites often get booked up and can't cope with over nighters. I'm still going to renew my membership

Shouldn't this thread be renamed 'every C&CC site still has a minimum 2 night policy except for Bank Holidays and our most popular Lake District sites'???
Sounds like they are just cashing in like all other campsites do for peak times for the year, and acknowledging that their busiest sites often get booked up and can't cope with over nighters. I'm still going to renew my membership

Not all sites are two nighters ,

I have just booked into Chertsey for one night.

I really don't mind whether I'm regimented, straight or crooked, side on or rear on, the warden is a little hitler or my next door neighbours have an airstream pulled by a range rover and with head appropriately up somewhere.

I am only there for one night, the train station is nearby, three stops and I am at Wimbledon underground station and it's a lot cheaper and a lot nicer than a hotel room :Grin

Welcome back. We've been missing your succinct and erudite contributions. :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

I'm more than happy when I have "geriatric" neighbours.
It's the families with uncontrolled kids from hell that get on my wick!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Most of the families with kids that park next to me complain about the "uncontrolled geriatric from hell" next door :sad

Welcome back. We've been missing your succinct and erudite contributions. :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

Thank you ..

Currently going through a rather difficult time on the family front, the most difficult bit being that having to stop somewhere very close to Oldham is a bit like finding Britstops have a new location called "gateway to hell" :sad

Oh, and no "owdhamer's" were hurt in the making of this post

We have found the caravan club sites ( or as we call it gods waiting room) not very child friendly, even though they have playgrounds and kids facilities. We have a three year old and a five year old who can be a bit noisy and get excited from time to time. We have found our caravan neighbours will have the look of dread when we pitch next to them and will then moan under their breath for the duration of our stay making us not feel very welcome.

If the CC members don't like kids they should make their sites adults only.

We have since cancelled our membership

We have found the caravan club sites ( or as we call it gods waiting room) not very child friendly, even though they have playgrounds and kids facilities. We have a three year old and a five year old who can be a bit noisy and get excited from time to time. We have found our caravan neighbours will have the look of dread when we pitch next to them and will then moan under their breath for the duration of our stay making us not feel very welcome.

If the CC members don't like kids they should make their sites adults only.

We have since cancelled our membership

I agree. I know many who have experienced that.

I also had someone set the warden on me for cleaning my van. I wasn't. I was simply making it road-legal by cleaning glass areas and number plates. Curtain twitching is a problem with some members, fine for me on my own and probably only stopping the night, upsetting for those who may not be so flexible and have to stay.

The reason we are not members is there is a clue in the name of both clubs CARAVAN, they like to think they are now all modern and with the times but they have not changed their name have they? We have not joined as they don't allow Beach's as we don't have a fixed cooker !!!

At least the former has camping in the name, if they accept tents why would they turn down a beach? They won't from my experience. They have never checked (in 3 years at any site) my camper is a camper when stopping. I've also stayed 1 night many many times. Some of their sites are lovely and very reasonable and they wont turn down the money unless they are busy. I am sorry to say most sites even outside the club aren't special enough to warrant staying any length of time by our criteria.

Must admit we will probably cancel too, we don't use the membership enough and if they start imposing the minimum stays (not that Ive ever had that done) then it will be unsuitable for the way we "holiday".

We avoided the CC from the start, because we heard about the snobbery from other members.

CC will accept the Beach. All the site wardens have had a communication to say it is acceptable as a campervan.

CC also accept Trailer tents on ALL sites and free pitched tents on selected sites. CL sites are restricted to Caravans/Motor homes/Campervans and Trailer Tents. So not that exclusive.
The population is ageing in general so expect to see more "Oldies" on all sites in future.

One of the reasons they have not changed their names is Legal. The CL sites that both organisations have are regulated by the relevant organisation under, as far as I can gather, a Legal Statute granted by Parliament. There is no interference from Local Councils etc: just approval, inspection and regulation by the relevant Club. Changing their name, without a change in the relevant statute will mean all the CL sites have to be regulated by Local Councils etc: and we know what will happen then. Business rates, increased costs etc: etc:. Not worth the hassle.

I wouldn't get hung up on a name. Apple don't sell Apples do they?

I wouldn't get hung up on a name. Apple don't sell Apples do they?

Total thread drift ...

but...

I just love that bit from Forrest Gump when he's reflecting sat on the bench and says "when we had some money Lieutenant Dan invested in some fruit company or other".... whilst holding an Apple share certificate :D

sorry :(

I'll go back to my knitting ......

Rather than being a conspiracy against new Cali owners, on checking the facts it appears this coming seasons minimum-stay restrictions are virtually unchanged vs 2013 (the last hard copy of the book I have). Only Ashbourne and Moffat have been added to the list with non-standard restrictions. The 5/3/3/2 restrictions in the Lakes are totally unchanged in the 3 years.
According to the website, the general restriction on club sites is still 2 nights in high season and all weekends, NOT the 3 suggested in the OP. http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/minimumbookingperiods/

But never let the facts get in the way of a good rant ;)

C&CC are far from perfect (I got a bollocking for starting my engine 3 minutes before the earliest leaving time) but some of the sites are brilliant. (And I got a proper apology from them over my bollocking).

Back