Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet/ mat for T6 living area

Alfiesbuddy

Alfiesbuddy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, picking up new T6 Cali in couple weeks. I’m looking for advice on a mat for ‘living area’. We’ve purchased an awning so something that’s movable is what we want right now.

I am not keen to purchase mega expensive bespoke carpets at this point in time, with gaps for runners etc.

Anyone got hints/tips for size of a mat? There’s a little place by me that bounds remnants of carpet ... so another possible option for us?

Hi Stuart... not quite my colour but the measurements guide is certainly very very helpful in my quest :thefinger

Thank you

Dunelm Marvel Mats. Apart from them moulting fluff until broken in they work well and blend in nicely with Cali interior £20.

Mine filled my cordless Dyson!
Mine was from Dunelm too. I think it is probably a Marvel mat as it has been quite fluffy. It has now had 2 washes, numerous brushes and about 8 hoovers and is getting much better. I like it as it is so easy to take out and shake and so we can quickly get rid of any grit or grass that we walk in to the van. They didn’t have many colour choices but it does co-ordinate with cupboard, if not the seats!

A12B2790-B6EB-46D3-AF83-96627754258E.jpeg

Mine was from Dunelm too. I think it is probably a Marvel mat as it has been quite fluffy. It has now had 2 washes, numerous brushes and about 8 hoovers and is getting much better. I like it as it is so easy to take out and shake and so we can quickly get rid of any grit or grass that we walk in to the van. They didn’t have many colour choices but it does co-ordinate with cupboard, if not the seats!

View attachment 26555
That's it, we have a light/dark grey mottled patterned one.

View attachment 26555
+1 for Dunelm rugs. We use 2 and just put one on top of the other when the bench is moved forward. I'm not a fan of the expensive branded rugs that leave the rails exposed to grit and other debris.

IMG_20171010_155646541.jpg

Found a grey bath mat that does the job nicely and flips over easily if bottom bed needs making up.
not a perfect fit but does the job for us.20171010_175653[1].jpg

Hi all, picking up new T6 Cali in couple weeks. I’m looking for advice on a mat for ‘living area’. We’ve purchased an awning so something that’s movable is what we want right now.

I am not keen to purchase mega expensive bespoke carpets at this point in time, with gaps for runners etc.

Anyone got hints/tips for size of a mat? There’s a little place by me that bounds remnants of carpet ... so another possible option for us?
Try to get a sunlight rubber backed mat from a car boot or eBay or if you have a cleaning company coming in work ask the driver.if I can buy one,
I have one cut to shape mud water and all sorts of mess are no problem just roll it up when you move the bed forward keeps the runners clean to.

We use a piece of offcut carpet which we fold over when we put the seats forward. We used it temporarily whilst deciding what to buy but have just stuck to it.

We have a 1 metre by 1 metre piece of the corded carpet that is used in entrance area to buildings. Its basically a big doormat. Its thin enough to leave in situ when you open the draw under the bench seat, hard wearing and cleans easily. I ordered mine from an online website but most carpet warehouses sell it in various colours. While we have mats in mind. Have a look at Morrocan Matting for an outdoor carpet for your awning. They are made from poly straw stuff so won't rot and let water straight through. I have one in black and grey with the VW logo woven into it.they are also reversible. Think the VW Cali club shop might also sell something similar. Hope this helps.