Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carry over NCB from a car policy?

W

wugbaspin

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello,
I was planning on selling my daily driver (Hyundai i10) and trying to transfer my NCB (20 years) to the California, when I get one.
It seems like often the NCB from a car policy is not always transferrable to a California as it would be a motorhome policy.
I guess the best value/coverage policy for a Cali won't necessarily accept a car NCB. What are people's experiences here?
If I have a better selection of policies by starting a new motorhome NCB, I'd be tempted to keep the tin top (as it costs peanuts to run) and then not use the Cali as a daily driver. Need to work out what's really the best option, but any thoughts appreciated.
Regards Ben

I did exactly that. Car sold, Cali replaced it. Insured through APlan and they accepted my cars NCB.

Transferred mine without any issue

But can only have it on one vehicle

Two quotes this week with zero NCB (keeping existing van). Both said NCB makes zero price difference.

Hello,
I was planning on selling my daily driver (Hyundai i10) and trying to transfer my NCB (20 years) to the California, when I get one.
It seems like often the NCB from a car policy is not always transferrable to a California as it would be a motorhome policy.
I guess the best value/coverage policy for a Cali won't necessarily accept a car NCB. What are people's experiences here?
If I have a better selection of policies by starting a new motorhome NCB, I'd be tempted to keep the tin top (as it costs peanuts to run) and then not use the Cali as a daily driver. Need to work out what's really the best option, but any thoughts appreciated.
Regards Ben
Comfort NCB policy

Admiral insures Cali as a car, so can accept NCB. However even with out, price was very reasonable.

£436 and £565 (inc tracker)

First was Comfort second was JustKampers

I also question parking ie Drive/car port/garage etc as I can do all/any. Again, made zero price difference.

For info: I phoned around a few places. I decided it would be best to start a new NCB and keep the daily driver. Best quotation so far from Comfort at £513 for 10k, parking on drive etc. Lots of quotations which were a lot more than this.

I see quite a few people paying sub £400, which I have not come close to yet, but even at the above price, I would not complain. Safeguard were able to get down to £630, AIB were over £1k!

Comfort do have a fair number of restrictions (like the 48 hour rule), but if you can live with that, they seem good.

Even if you can transfer your car ncb to a Cali policy, don't assume it will go the other way if you sell the Cali and want your ncb on a car. I got caught out here and posted about it.