CampervanBits

CampervanBits

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
N/A
Anyone looking for a tailgate drive away take a look at the Cayman Tail

Perfect for anyone that has a slidepod

picture44_1-570x507.jpg

Looks great and fits the bill brilliantly for me. I have just ordered one of these to use with my slidepod and will use it for the first time at Brean Sands.

If anyone fancies a look, come and find me on the weekend I would be happy to show you.

I now have one of these, received it next day after ordering (thanks!). I. have taken my review from the other thread and expanded it a litte.

It was a lot easier than we expected to put up, literally took 5 or 10 minutes max. It is also bigger than I expected, nice and roomy. Enough space for my beach table and 4 chairs and that's excluding the tunnel area. It is one of the easiest tents I've ever had to erect literally assemble poles thread through, attach legs to corner pins and peg. First use we didnt reverse the van, we just lifted it in place. It is light weight about 10kg packed away, the packaging does warn you against strong winds and recommended taking it down (standard I think) but we found it solid at breezy Brean once we put all the guy ropes in properly. Pitching the tent and reversing slightly seemed to make it a much better fit but you will need two people to do that easily.

The tunnel is designed to be adjusted with elastic and some straps that can be tightened but I'm not sure we got it right to be honest as the instructions don't mention those guy ropes but it stayed in place and gave us a handy space for the Slidepod to cook in. The tailgate can still be opened and closed with it in place or we tended to bungee the tunnel away when we wanted to go out. There is an odd guy rope in the middle of the tunnel roof which just seems pointless but we can forgive that minor weird design feature. We suspect the tunnel with some additional poles could be pegged to stand up without the van in place. I may give it a try.

It has doors on all 4 sides which is pretty amazing plus 2 windows with zip down curtains and a door in the tunnel. It can effectively change from a tent to a open sided gazebo attached to the van or not as you wish. Versatility seems to be the intention here and they have achieved it.

The ground sheet has a raised edge so you don't need to worry about water getting in although it's not fixed to the sides in the centre this is held in place by bungees and can be folded flat if desired. We find it helps keep the tent cool and ventilated which is good for our intended use of the awning.

Outdoor Rev do extras to make it more versatile, and it looks like for another £59.99 you can get an inner bedroom type addon. I don't think we will need it but its nice to have the option if we want to upgrade later.

I would rate this a 9 out of 10, genuinely very impressed and was just what we were looking for to compliment our slidepod. We are very happy. with it and the service from the shop was superb. Recommended!

af7dfd55fac7f8d881377e28b0edfc4b.jpg
e8d04564e1ace1a30fda2bc102cd1050.jpg
2cd4691fc106094f7d797bcd4dd02e26.jpg
bbe6ba0a84612a2106c8701460ec3e26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt, do you think it would still work/fit with the VW bike rack fitted (less the bikes),

Top one is Paddington Farm, Glastonbury.

Bottom one was at the Cali meet last year near Brean, cant remember the name of the site. :)

Matt, do you think it would still work/fit with the VW bike rack fitted (less the bikes),

How much higher is the bike rack? There is quite a lot of fabric in that tunnel and it is adjustable so potentially yes but it may be tight. I don't have a bike rack so I can't be certain though.

Are you at any of the meets, be happy to bring it along.

How much higher is the bike rack? There is quite a lot of fabric in that tunnel and it is adjustable so potentially yes but it may be tight. I don't have a bike rack so I can't be certain though.

Are you at any of the meets, be happy to bring it along.
I have the Kylie rack fitted so max extra I would have thought about 4-5 inches max (yes I still use inches)
Have no meets arranged as yet this year need to check dates again, but will let you know if we do.
Thanks for the the kind offer.

Next time we pitch it we will check how much space there is.

The thing I like most about it is that it can be configured so many ways, standalone tent, gazebo, tunnel connected to van, you could also add poles to the tunnel and have it separate. Very versatile.

Top one is Paddington Farm, Glastonbury.

Bottom one was at the Cali meet last year near Brean, cant remember the name of the site. :)

It's called Warren Farm Holiday Centre, Matt