Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Change from an Ocean

The one thing we did not get and regret is the solar panel with only one leisure battery it is vital.
Is not works very good Europe winter. I am message each time pass 21 day - Load battery immediately. I am Gc600 solar panel - it is makes less energy than is sleeping camper eating each day. So must still connecting shore power.

When I collect my Gc600 I am wishing I was to know - must buying noise cancel headphone for driving to home. I am before Ocean - nice quiet sounds when drive.

My new Gc600 when is drive is sound same than putting plates cups and metal eating wares inside clothes washer fast speed tumbles!.

What a terrible noise makes Gc600!, Everything is rittle rattles! Cupboards doors, toilet everything inside and especially back bed - all is singing together same than orchestra top crescendo!. I nearly return it and take back Ocean but was sold already same day!.

Make sure taking ear plugs when collect - unless you will enjoy the Vw Gc600 Symphony!
Is good front drives radiogram can make high volume louder is crashes rites rattles comes behind!.
All these vans are going to be different, our 680 is amazingly quiet considering that there's a whole house back there...
An occasional squeak/rattle from the panel under the hob and that's about it.
And to be honest with a bit of fine tuning I reckon I'll fix that.
We are pretty fastidious with putting packing around cutlery etc when travelling - but doesn't every campervaner do that?
I'm a bit like the guy in the old vw golf advert who stops to oil his partners earring if there's a squeak

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hi,

I sold an ocean and bought the Hymer 600 S , I honestly would not recommend it , terrible second car, poor build quality, you need to leave it plugged in on the drive !! Even with solar, Mercedes’ is basically a Renault , quality is rubbish, the rear seat will kill you children, it is to small to upright. Personally I would stick with ocean or go custom on a LWB transporter. Sold
My Hymer after 1 year ‍♂️

Never again it is a caravan company pretending to be a mobile home company , forgot to mention Truma heating and water is a joke, if temp drops to 5c it dumps all water and then throws an error code and nearly impossible to restart unless plugged in at campsite to electric, I had two measure batteries and solar lucky you get 5 days.

Sorry for rant

Hi,

I sold an ocean and bought the Hymer 600 S , I honestly would not recommend it , terrible second car, poor build quality, you need to leave it plugged in on the drive !! Even with solar, Mercedes’ is basically a Renault , quality is rubbish, the rear seat will kill you children, it is to small to upright. Personally I would stick with ocean or go custom on a LWB transporter. Sold
My Hymer after 1 year ‍

Never again it is a caravan company pretending to be a mobile home company , forgot to mention Truma heating and water is a joke, if temp drops to 5c it dumps all water and then throws an error code and nearly impossible to restart unless plugged in at campsite to electric, I had two measure batteries and solar lucky you get 5 days.

Sorry for rant
Unhappy camper above - I'm glad you managed to sell it ..

To be honest based on their marketing info that Hymer looks really nice. I'm not sure about taking a £100k van off-roading though but l guess someone will try it.

I've said this before our GC680 is fantastic much better than our previous T5.1 camper (which we loved dearly).

I'm still baffled by the amount of negatively on this forum towards the GC. I'm an engineer by training and I honestly can't find much to fault especially when I compare it to the 'white box' motorhomes that seem to be so popular. Those garden sheds on wheels really are monstrosities

But I guess each to their own - if you insist on taking velour sofas and imitation wood panelling on holiday who am I to argue

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hi,

My Hymer after 1 year ‍♂️

Sorry for rant
Great feedback. We looked very carefully at a Hymer Mercedes based Grand Canyon S but were concerned about certain small things which indicated a lack of attention to the basics. The main issue was no insulation behind the fibre panel which itself housed the electronic panel which was unprotected at the rear. Condensation would run copiously behind the panel causing big issues. (There was a Swiss guy had made a YT vid of this shortcoming). When you see this kind of thing it was like looking at build quality of 1970s British Leyland vehicles. No thanks. We think Westphalia should be as good as VW.

Back