Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap 3 seat Mattress Topper

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just spotted this on the Ikea website, 200x150cm in grey and rollable for storage £80. Its just the lack of the tapered parts by the tailgate that might let it down, but surely thats a case of moving the multiplex board forward a bit?

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40263023/

Going to have a look in person tomorrow night and might give it a whirl

Not cheap but I think the Zonesleep for the Beach should be fully available towards the end of this week.

That looks a good find. I think the 72 hours only refers to the first time when new ones are vacuum packed. We've had to do this with memory foam toppers when new but have had no problem using our one rolled with a belt round it to secure it daily when caravaning .........and tent camping in comfort. The narrow one we use fits snugly inside a single duvet cover which helps protect the foam and makes it easy to handle and throw around. Hoping it will be of some use in Cali.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/manuals/sulta ... 7684-1.PDF

The foam itself should be easy to cut to shape, if you need to, for the tailgate then just minor adjustment to the cover to fit.

I use an ikea topper - a slightly better one that the one linked here. I think this is it:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/produ ... #/00163313
I just fold it in three when not in use (vs roll). Basically I was in a hurry and could not wait for a 'proper' one to be delivered before our first trip. I have to say it works brilliantly - it sits on top the multiflex board fine and the memory foam takes no time to reshape. It is also exceptionally comfortable as it is deep. I have a grey fitted sheet over the top that blends it in with the rest of the vans interior so all good!

Steve.

For the 3 seat bench we bought a double mattress memory foam topper from Aldi for about £35. They are on offer from time to time. Think make is slumbernight. Clearly they weren't copying anyone else's brand name at all!!!!!

It works absolutely fine and allows a good nights sleep downstairs. Mind you the rolling it up into the carrier is a bit of a pain in the morning but still, it does the job and doesn't take up too much room in the Cali. We just store it in an ikea blue bag with pillows and sleeping bags etc.

Thinking of a similar arrangement for the upstairs bed if I can find one for the same money or thereabouts.

I had a look a that topper in Ikea.. no good for the van at all :cry:

I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get the Brandrup intend its soooo bloody dear thou :headbang

rippers said:
I had a look a that topper in Ikea.. no good for the van at all :cry:

I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get the Brandrup intend its soooo bloody dear thou :headbang

I bought ours from that discount store called B & M. Think it was £40.

We've used it several times and has always been very comfortable.

It also fits snugly, covering the whole mattress area.

I don't see the need to buy some of the expensive toppers I hear quoted on this site.

Back