Cheapish personal reg plates for Beach.

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just been browsing and noticed these plates for sale on the Dvla reg website. Suitable for Beach owners.
VW69BCH
VW20BCH
VW70BCH
VW21BCH
All at £399

VW70BCH may be attractive to a future T7 Beach Owner. Might be worth a punt.

How about this for a new T6.1?
1618303279488.png

VW70BCH may be attractive to a future T7 Beach Owner. Might be worth a punt.
Or T70VWC at £166 from plates 4 less.

I quite fancied this when we picked up our van last year (2020), but you need to be into your Roman numerals.

XX20 VWC

I quite fancied this when we picked up our van last year (2020), but you need to be into your Roman numerals.

XX20 VWC
Easy to remember for carparks etc.

Never understood why one would spent money on that , money better to spent on options or campinggear.
Much of is related to our plates showing the vehicle age within a 6 month period.

Otherwise just an either you do or don't get it as part of a personalisation.

Big money earner for the Government as they own the reg number.

Never understood why one would spent money on that , money better to spent on options or campinggear.

My Grandfather bought the number plate 1 BAR for £5 when it was first released (he was a member of the Bar Council). My father sold it about 15 years ago for £20,000.

Registration plates like that can be considered an asset, a little like hanging a nice bit of artwork on your wall at home, they can be a talking point.

My Grandfather bought the number plate 1 BAR for £5 when it was first released (he was a member of the Bar Council). My father sold it about 15 years ago for £20,000.

Registration plates like that can be considered an asset, a little like hanging a nice bit of artwork on your wall at home, they can be a talking point.
What year did he buy it?

What year did he buy it?

Unknown to me, but it can be worked out. He paid the £5 fee to Hertfordshire County Council, and I understand it was some sort of tax free reward after he did some legal work for them. Utterly corrupt, though perhaps not at the time.

It would have been the year Hertfordshire made the switch from letters then numbers to numbers then letters. Sometime between 1953 and 1963 if Wikipedia is to be believed.

=====Quote=====

In some areas, the available marks within this scheme started to run out in the 1950s, and in those areas, what became known as "reversed" registrations – the letters coming after the numbers – were introduced. Staffordshire was again the first area to issue such registrations, starting with 1000 E in 1953. In most cases, the three-letter combinations (e.g. 1 AHX for Middlesex) would be issued first, while in later years some areas started with the one- and two-letter combinations and others issued all three at the same time. The ever-increasing popularity of the car meant that by the beginning of the 1960s, these registrations were also running out.

=====/Quote=====

Back