Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Check Out This Little Sucker!

YorkshireHeathen

YorkshireHeathen

I've got a bad back and two dogs that produce tumbleweeds of brown and black dog hair on a daily basis, so I bought a Dyson DC34 Animal for daily cleaning instead of lugging around the big vac every day. Now that I'm getting a Berghaus Cali (roll on September!) it occurs to me that I already have the perfect cleaning implement for the van!

I cannot recommend this product too highly and the suction power is awesome for a rechargeable vac. It should charge from the inverter socket on the Cali without too much demand on the leisure batteries and if you keep it charged and handy, you can deal with any mess quickly and conveniently. OK they're not cheap, but this bit of British design genius is the most practical solution I can think of for portability and power.

dyson.jpg

What a great timed post!!

I'm looking at Dust Buster type devices as our carpets in the van took a right battering whilst away last week.

I'm a bit of a Dyson fan so I'd already looked at these but read reviews that suggest battery life is a little short. How do you find it??

I rarely get caught out with the battery life, but little and often is the way I use it. I can do the whole of my laminated and tiled ground floor in the house on one charge on the turbo boost setting, so I think one charge should be plenty for a normal vac round in the Cali.

I bought a dustbuster first but I bought cheap and bought twice! The annoying thing about the dustbuster was that the exhaust air from the fan blew away most of the muck you were trying to vac up in the first place! :headwall

Paul

I have one of these but the DC16 Animal model , like Stu says the battery life is only around 10-15 mins but they are so powerful you will have the van done in under that time, I tried several dust busters and these are by far the best and work as good as a 240v vacuum ... I also sell the batteries for these BTW :thumb

So humour me Martin, where can I store this in the Cali?? :grin:

Good point !! I don't, it is for home use only, whilst travelling I have a mini dustpan and brush

032629_large.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000JDJLYY/?tag=eliteelect-21

With the tools off its a foot long, by eight inches tall, by five inches wide.

:thumb

That is wasted valuable space in the Cali !!! That is room for 8 cans of beer !!

Stu, would it fit in that second under seat drawer you were looking into ??

I have one with 3 kids a dog and a lot of time spent at the beach with lots of sand and mud its been a real blessing.

It fits in either the rear boot cupboard on the shelf (with a jacket or 2 wrapped round it or I drop it into the wardrobe fits fine in either even with all the tools and charger it come with.)

Also not yet been caught out without any power. I reacharge it regularly.

Just about to order the C35 Animal.

Fecking expensive so I hope it's as good as the reviews say it is!!

Custard said:
You can't beat a bit of suction

It's not Christmas or my Birthday for a while yet so I shan't be getting too excited. :laugh2

Stu said:
Custard said:
You can't beat a bit of suction

It's not Christmas or my Birthday for a while yet so I shan't be getting too excited. :laugh2

:oops: :rofl

I think you have managed to bring this thread to and end Stu lol

I can't really reply to that post :)

I have an unambiguous update on the suction thread...

And it is one of the most satisfying sucks of all, I find. In fact it's hard to think of a more satisfying application of suction than the one I experienced this weekend...except possibly one...

Now I really dislike dirt and some say I am a little obsessive, which makes for an interesting camping experience. But I absolutely HATE mosquitos and all biting insects with a passion far greater than my obsession with tidying and cleaning. Imagine my delight when I discovered the most satisfying use of all for the Dyson DC34.

I parked up by a river with my dogs, learning about my new Berghaus Cali and how it all works, roof, heater, water, gas, cooker etc. At dusk I was wondering how to get around the inevitable population of the vans interior with various species of flying beastie once the door was closed....and although the van was nice and clean, I remembered what was in the rear cupboard.....YES!

I armed myself with the Dyson and switched her on. In my evil excellence, I coralled the little sods with a beam of light from the bendy roof light shining on the headlining. One by one they were lured to their demise as they were helplessly magnetised towards the bright white circle. Imagine my delight as I watched the little bloodsucking blighters whizzing around in the cyclone of doom. With relish I encouraged them as they moved into the next world...'go towards the light, go towards the light'... and one by one I picked them off with a vortex of death, using the crevice nozzle! Mwahahahaha Mwahahaha!

(I didn't even need the turbo setting).

:lol:

Everyone needs a a vortex of death, using the crevice nozzle!

Awesome.

Great post!

Mini dustpan and brush for us and a turbo death vacuum for home cleaning.

1_241.jpg

YorkshireHeathen said:
I have an unambiguous update on the suction thread...

And it is one of the most satisfying sucks of all, I find. In fact it's hard to think of a more satisfying application of suction than the one I experienced this weekend...except possibly one...

Now I really dislike dirt and some say I am a little obsessive, which makes for an interesting camping experience. But I absolutely HATE mosquitos and all biting insects with a passion far greater than my obsession with tidying and cleaning. Imagine my delight when I discovered the most satisfying use of all for the Dyson DC34.

I parked up by a river with my dogs, learning about my new Berghaus Cali and how it all works, roof, heater, water, gas, cooker etc. At dusk I was wondering how to get around the inevitable population of the vans interior with various species of flying beastie once the door was closed....and although the van was nice and clean, I remembered what was in the rear cupboard.....YES!

I armed myself with the Dyson and switched her on. In my evil excellence, I coralled the little sods with a beam of light from the bendy roof light shining on the headlining. One by one they were lured to their demise as they were helplessly magnetised towards the bright white circle. Imagine my delight as I watched the little bloodsucking blighters whizzing around in the cyclone of doom. With relish I encouraged them as they moved into the next world...'go towards the light, go towards the light'... and one by one I picked them off with a vortex of death, using the crevice nozzle! Mwahahahaha Mwahahaha!

(I didn't even need the turbo setting).

:lol:

:laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

Back