Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

check safelock ??

crazygrandad

crazygrandad

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
For the past few days when I turn on the ignition it says on the MFD CHECK SAFELOCK, what is this? I dont have a sage in mine

Thank you, I am a lazy git :) So it is not a fault?

No. Just remember if you have an argument with SWMBO then you can get out, lock up and she cannot follow you. Mind you the alarm goes unless she keeps very very still.;);)

It's quite an important warning.

It's telling you that anyone left in the vehicle cannot open the doors from the inside.

If you want to leave the mother in law inside and escape for a few minutes of peace and ensure that she cannot come chasing after you then it is essential that you make sure safelock is not enabled :shocked

I am now totally confused, if I get the message come up on the dash is the safe lock enabled or disabled - and then which way round does it need to be to keep the mother inlaw locked in? I thought that Enabled with message on the dash meant the doors are deadlocked, but Grannyjen has said to keep her in make sure it is NOT enabled????? I must try reading the manual one day.

Deadlock is the default when locking by remote.

Safelock you have to use key in lock rather than remote, or press the remote twice in rapid succession.

Use deadlock to keep mother in law in, doors cannot be opened from inside.

Use safelock if you wish occupants to be able to let themselves out in an emergency.

Doors locked from inside using the switch on the drivers door, as opposed to doors locked from the outside, are safelocked.

Sorry for the confusion, My SOH is always getting me into trouble :eek:

Last edited: