Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chichester next weekend anyone? Unofficial meet.

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have just booked a pitch at the Caravan and Camping site at Southbourne, Chichester next weekend. It is the last weekend before it closes for the winter.
Anyone fancy joining me? There are great public transport links to Portsmouth, Chichester and Brighton although there could be some train issues. Bus stop outside the site, pub with good food next door and great farm shop 5 mins walk down the road. Also excellent walks along the coast. Spur of the moment decision but thought it worth posting on here in case any of the South Coast contingent fancies it?!

I have just booked a pitch at the Caravan and Camping site at Southbourne, Chichester next weekend. It is the last weekend before it closes for the winter.
Anyone fancy joining me? There are great public transport links to Portsmouth, Chichester and Brighton although there could be some train issues. Bus stop outside the site, pub with good food next door and great farm shop 5 mins walk down the road. Also excellent walks along the coast. Spur of the moment decision but thought it worth posting on here in case any of the South Coast contingent fancies it?!

I live a few miles away. What days are you there? I'm actually going in the other direction, Brighton, that weekend, but could try and pop in just to say hello.

I live a few miles away. What days are you there? I'm actually going in the other direction, Brighton, that weekend, but could try and pop in just to say hello.
That would be fab. Should be there mid afternoon Friday and leaving Sunday morning.

I would have but will be driving past en-route to the New Forest. Make the most of the site as I don’t reckon it will be there much longer, the housing development is up to the perimeter fence!

I would have but will be driving past en-route to the New Forest. Make the most of the site as I don’t reckon it will be there much longer, the housing development is up to the perimeter fence!
Yes, have been going there for years and love the site. Hope they keep the lease for a while yet. One of my favourites.

Yes, have been going there for years and love the site. Hope they keep the lease for a while yet. One of my favourites.
There’s a really good CCC CS site just over the road with the advantage of letting you stay for a single night!

We would have loved to see you again, but we are down that way in Emsworth the following weekend.

Last edited:
There’s a really good CCC CS site just over the road with the advantage of letting you stay for a single night!
Do they have showers and toilets? Good that you can stay for one night though. It can be really annoying having the two night rule.

We've been wanting to stay at Chichester for some, so as long as the forecast isn't biblical rain we'd be interested. I assume not being CCC members won't be an issue.

Do they have showers and toilets? Good that you can stay for one night though. It can be really annoying having the two night rule.
Nice toilet but no shower.

We would have loved to see you again, but we are down that way in Emsworth the following weekend.
Shame!!! I am at Salisbury the following weekend.Maybe early next year?
We've been wanting to stay at Chichester for some, so as long as the forecast isn't biblical rain we'd be interested. I assume not being CCC members won't be an issue.

I’m pretty sure that you don’t have to be a member but it just costs a bit more.
The site is 10 mins walk from Southbourne station and there is a bus stop outside. It isn’t the prettiest site but is very convenient and there is a pub serving food virtually next door.
Let me know if you book. It’s the last weekend the site is open before it closes for the winter.

Last edited: