Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas Surprise

Hi all,

After a 18 month period of hiring cali's, dithering about buying, putting deposits down on two vans this summer before getting cold feet we took the plunge last week with an end of season bargain (as much as a Cali can ever be a bargain). My dithering was extreme enough to have bought a bike rack and couple of other bits and bobs up to 6 months before the van!

Surprised wife and kids on Christmas morning big time having parked our new 5 month old 180dsg California on the drive and as its not visible from the house had to ask the kids to go and 'get the iPod out the car'.

New van is great. DSG is great to drive. Only real downside is a lack of xenons though I might start looking around breakers later.

Having read through most posts on here I have saved chunk of cash for the inevitable essential accessories.

I can't believe how childishly excited the whole family are about this!

Great surprise :thumb did you wrap it up :?:

What a great present and fantastic surprise :thumb

Really spontaneous, grand job !

Ha, couldn't quite manage to wrap it sadly!

Plotting a few away trips in it now. Just wondering when we can take it out camping first. Feb half term with a cover on the top?

i am sure you will enjoy the cali.
I dithered about xenons but for £1200 I think they are a rip off.
Cali not here yet so I may regret.
Nightbreakers have made a difference on our other vehicles.

Ambler said:

Once you've had Xenon - you never go back :)

James

That's the problem..great xenons and the LEDs on my last two A6's.

I need to find a van with xenons, then cleverly construct a rear end write off scenario* and carefully follow the wreckage.... Is that taking it too far?

* joke by the way - in case I rear end somebody tomorrow ;)

I saw retro fit Xenons with self leveling (which you now need to pass a MOT) for £1700 recently.
So £1200 is the better bet. Can't find the site just now d'oh!

Alan

i went down the H.I.D .line .high .low beam and fog . :D .must have washers now for new m.o.t . :headband .enjoy the bus :thumb

Ambler said:

That is cheap when you look into having them retro fitted which cost around £3000. Have to replace front bumper, in order to fit the washers , & have auto levelling fitted, both are a requirement for MOT.

Always better to spec things like this on a new van.

AlanC said:
I saw retro fit Xenons with self leveling (which you now need to pass a MOT) for £1700 recently.
So £1200 is the better bet. Can't find the site just now d'oh!

Alan

I'd like to know where you found that price, if you ever find the site.

Have just nosed around the net for that price.

Hazy Days are quoting £1750.00 plus vat for an upgrade to Xenon's, but use the drop down menus to include self leveling and washer jets (both a MOT requirement), the price becomes £3300.00 plus VAT. So I was miss leading you all, sorry.

http://tinyurl.com/ohldhvp

I hope that helps with the choice.

Back