Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas

Yes in mother’s drive sometime over Christmas if allowed of course

Not for Christmas, but definitely considering new year. Christmas - both kids will be home , but they may have their own plans for the new year. New Year, somewhere with a lot of snow, will be nice.

Intended to do a month in southern Spain, Can't see that happening now.

My daughter has just called me and said they are missing dad's hotpot, seems Crazy considering we shared a venue with 12 other people last week for her wedding. :Iamsorry :offtopic

Might have Christmas dinner in it on the drive since there is only two of us, I don’t expect things to change miraculously in the NW between now and then.

I hope it's justified although I would suspect any relaxation at Christmas will be at the expense of further restrictions in January.

My whole point of parking behind my Son's garage is pessimism :( I will at least be able to see my Grandchildren, even if a window has to separate us.
Probably have to wait until late 2021 to see our youngest in Sydney.:sad

Although I'll get to see Nos: 1 son when I visit the Dentist next month - He is my Dentist. :thumb

Like WG, hoping to see our youngest in Melbourne sometime in 2021 - got to think positive thoughts

We've camped on the driveway for the past two Christmases, simply because the house has been overflowing with children and grandchildren.

But this year, it seems unlikely too many people will be here, or at least staying overnight, so probably not.

Camping: Yes def. Drive or wherever. Last three years we were + our base in Munich and headed afterward to Hopfensee. This year is different. Maybe directly to Hopfensee or somewhere to our relatives in Andermatt. More important we stay healthy till then. To plan is good this year but we are ready and packed to go where ever we are allowed to

Slightly off topic, as likely won’t have the ability to camp at Christmas. Our local community are decorating windows for advent. And I’m first to go on 1st December. Been practising some bits on windows in the back of the house. Good to have things to look forward to!

Slightly off topic, as likely won’t have the ability to camp at Christmas. Our local community are decorating windows for advent. And I’m first to go on 1st December. Been practising some bits on windows in the back of the house. Good to have things to look forward to!
Whether you are into Christmas or not, this is a wonderful gesture for all of your community! We know this as well here in Andermatt and each every night a new decorated window is "opening" and (well last year) even sometimes offers some hot tea, coffee or chocolate. You might can take your Cali as a take-away booth and coffeeshop :)

Whether you are into Christmas or not, this is a wonderful gesture for all of your community! We know this as well here in Andermatt and each every night a new decorated window is "opening" and (well last year) even sometimes offers some hot tea, coffee or chocolate. You might can take your Cali as a take-away booth and coffeeshop :)
I had a quick look at Andermatt, and the first thing my buddy Google showed me was this:
1604859800487.png
The Teufelsbrücke.

Do you have a good campsite there?

Without a Cali for a few months. But I can definitely do something out of the garage with some socially distanced chairs.
I live at the end of a street which is the start of a popular walk over the local hill... so you’ve given me some more ideas to make my lonely Christmas more sociable and yet socially distanced. Thank you.

I had a quick look at Andermatt, and the first thing my buddy Google showed me was this:
View attachment 69040
The Teufelsbrücke.

Do you have a good campsite there?
Andermatt has a lot still they are missing a proper campsite. They do have something in Summer next to the "Gemsstock Bahn" but that's more a field squeezed between to streets: http://www.gotthard-camping.ch
If you like to stay "wild" (only in Summer) I suggest you go further up to Oberalppass and stay there on a nice parking with a restaurant in walking distance. https://www.promobil.de/stellplatz/stellplatz-oberalppass-5ed3fc652a0a1508009ba97e.html

Andermatt has a lot still they are missing a proper campsite. They do have something in Summer next to the "Gemsstock Bahn" but that's more a field squeezed between to streets: http://www.gotthard-camping.ch
If you like to stay "wild" (only in Summer) I suggest you go further up to Oberalppass and stay there on a nice parking with a restaurant in walking distance. https://www.promobil.de/stellplatz/stellplatz-oberalppass-5ed3fc652a0a1508009ba97e.html
Thanks for the reply, but I think I will keep on campsites for the moment.
A quick question to my friend Google didn't return any campsites near Andermatt. A few in the far surroundings.
When can I go back to Switzerland??? ......

You could decorate the Cali windows and maybe do a drive round for charity?

I hope so.
Last year we had a twixmas vacation in south Devon. A part of Devon I rarely see.
We really had a great time, so fingers crossed.

Probably have to wait until late 2021 to see our youngest in Sydney.:sad

Although I'll get to see Nos: 1 son when I visit the Dentist next month - He is my Dentist. :thumb
My son’s a policeman. Not always a bonus as if he was to pull something, it would be me over for a traffic violation!! o_O

You could decorate the Cali windows and maybe do a drive round for charity?
Elly, I don’t have a Cali at the moment. However, if I have snowflakes left over, I had already planned to put them on the windows of my loan vehicle T6 Caravelle.

Back