Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sidebars fitting

Rozzie50

Rozzie50

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone know if there is anywhere/anyone in North London who fits sidebars? Got some for Christmas Prez and want to now get them on the van!!!

Hi roz. Anybody with general diy skills should be able to fit them as
All holes are there ready its just a matter of reining a small amount off the
Plastic undertray :thumb

Thank you. I have no DIY skills but Im sure I can ask someone!

I may have some step by step photos on my laptop to send to you if you want me to have a look ...they all fit pretty much the same just some look different .the belly pans will have to be part dropped and cut out to get the brackets to fit to the body ...

Yes Please, sounds too technical for me! ;) ;)

Pm me your e-mail and I'll have a look for them for you fella

You could always drive down to visit us and we can fit them whilst you wait? Are they VW bars?

Thanks

smgcowfold said:
You could always drive down to visit us and we can fit them whilst you wait? Are they VW bars?

Thanks

I have looked into where you are!!! The closest to us is the London based branch, but I am sure I can find an excuse to drive to Sussex. Do you sell them as I'm happy to buy from you! I'm looking at buying them and getting them sent.

Rozzie50 said:
smgcowfold said:

Thanks

I have looked into where you are!!! The closest to us is the London based branch, but I am sure I can find an excuse to drive to Sussex. Do you sell them as I'm happy to buy from you! I'm looking at buying them and getting them sent.

Smg do sell & fit :) ...

Great!!!! Now just need to sort out costs!!!

Should the bars have a 2" gap between the wheel and the sidebar?

Yes there should be a gap, which is not so obvious if you have mud flaps fitted.

DSCN0200b.JPG

Not a brilliant picture but you can see the gap at the front.
These are not genuine bars but are identical & came from ebay seller steelworksltd a few of us have bought from him & fitted our selves.

Andy said:
Yes there should be a gap, which is not so obvious if you have mud flaps fitted.

DSCN0200b.JPG

Not a brilliant picture but you can see the gap at the front.
These are not genuine bars but are identical & came from ebay seller steelworksltd a few of us have bought from him & fitted our selves.

Thank you so much! What a gorgeous van!!!! My van is very similar, I have the black awning. :thanks

Thank you so much! You're all making me feel much better! The dealership scared me a little when they spent quite a long time looking at the instructions!!! Wasn't convinced that they hadn't ordered the wrong one!

Back