Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chrome options

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have specified the chrome pack. Although I'm not confident exactly what is included in this. Anyone know definitively. My sales rep changed his mind a couple of times.

The new brochure shows a New chrome tailguard cover (£90). Has anyone ordered this lately?

I don't know if the chrome tailguard cover is included in the chrome pack, or actually what it is. I did specify a plastic 'bumper protector' and I wonder if it might fit in the same place?

the tail guard cover goes on the tailgate, the bumper protector goes on top of the rear bumper and is a dealer fit.

I almost ordered the Chrome Pack. I believe it includes something on the front grille, a chrome strip down each side and something on the tailgate.

Likewise, my dealer seemed very vague on what it was!

The reason I chose not to go for it was because it deletes the side door protector strips which I think are very useful and for the amount I figured I can just add some extra chrome from one of the aftermarket suppliers.

Yes, that's right. Those "protective side mouldings" might help if someone opened their car door onto yours, whereas the chrome strip is sited lower down and also lower profile.

So, front grille chrome strip, side chrome strip,
Anyone know if the tailguard cover is included in the chrome pack?

Thanks all,
We're now decided on going without the chrome pack, but with tailgate trim (or chrome tailguard if they ever come back to me with what this is) and side rails for extra bling. This then keeps those protective side mouldings. And yes, we might add a chrome strip below the front grille after delivery.

Does anyone know if that stuff that comes on a roll and sticks on actually work? I wouldn't like to fit it and then have it fall off and maybe take the paint with it, or leave a mess behind.

Back