Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cigarette lighter doesn't work

Hi Chris,

The dashboard design of the LHD and RHD T5 vans are different.
We do not have the bottle holder on the UK versions, only the pull out cup holder/ash tray.
The dashboard fuses on our vans are behind a cover on the surface of the lower dashboard and not hidden behind a bottle holder.

I am sure someone with a Euro T5 will be better able to help here.

Alan

Indeed I have a LHD 2006 T5 automatic.

I've attached an image explaining what I see.
I'll keep on fiddling with it, and do Yoga in the mean time; it's not easy to get access to any of these parts; there's very little space.

Hopefully there's another LHD user who can help.

IMG_3136.png

PS, of course there are not 2 ashtrays; the lower one is where the ashtray is.

Afther two days since your post can not belive you don't manage to find the fuses...
Sorry no offence but it is'nt that difficult , no tools requirerd!

Anyway was taking a break whilst cleaning and polishing my Cali on this sundayafthernoon and read your new post....o boy!..

Best this happens to you at home , if on a trip having a failure you would be spending the night in the Cali searching solutions:D

These two clips need to be pushed together and the whole botlleholder comess out reveiling the fuses

image.jpg

image.jpg

Took a pic outside where's more light ....

image.jpg

Now the moment of thruth....where is that damn fuse located.....:headbang

Last edited:
I know, I know.
Trust me I feel like a complete idiote.

I've gone through the (German) manual, and there is only mention of a fuse box for the engine under the hood.
Not even a fuse layout.
I found the one under the driver seat (does that count for something?)

Thanks Hotel California for your help.
I'm out again on my fuse quest.

If you're in Belgium, I'll buy you a beer.

Thanks again.

Pfff,

Got it.
If you know what to do it is really easy.

Indeed the fuse was blown. Fixed it, and it's working again.

Another itme ticked off the list.

That beer offer just doubled :happy

I know, I know.

If you're in Belgium, I'll buy you a beer.

Thanks again.

:D i AM from Belgium and for that beer TKX ....don't drink beer....:rolleyes:

BTW : now whitch fuse was is ....? So YOU can teach us something.....

I think I knew you're living in Belgium.

Welcome any time!

The fuse that was blown was a 15A fuse. Couldn't see from the outside, had to take it out.

Looking at the two fuse boxes behind the large bottle holder from a 2006 T5 LHD, it was the top box, #12 (behind the bottle holder, there were also two sheets with an overview of all the fuses; engine & dashboard/cockpit).

I'll post an image later.

Glad you sorted it out , now we got a lead for orthers who deal the same problems...

:thumb

Hi
I'm a newbe to VW Campervans and have the same problem. 2014 Transporter conversion. Fuse box under ashtray and engine bay. Lighter socket 12v stopped working, checked all fuses with meter and all ok. What else could cause loss of power. I use this feed to power Sat Nav and recharge mobile.

Hi
I'm a newbe to VW Campervans and have the same problem. 2014 Transporter conversion. Fuse box under ashtray and engine bay. Lighter socket 12v stopped working, checked all fuses with meter and all ok. What else could cause loss of power. I use this feed to power Sat Nav and recharge mobile.
As you have a later transporter, do you have the additional fuses under passenger seat, visible if you slide the seat back?

As you have a later transporter, do you have the additional fuses under passenger seat, visible if you slide the seat back?
Hi

No there are no fuses under the passenger seat, its a twin seat that swivels round to face the rear

Hi everyone, is this the light fuse in the rear trunk here? I can not find it and light does not work ...... Ocean 2016 ...
thank you

You are not thick- if you don’t know, you would never think of pulling these two protrusions together!
I took three hours to get it!

Are you sure it's not under the seat? Slide seat right back to get to it and it's cramped in there so do make a note of the fuse position before you pull out fuse and best to use a fuse puller to get it out to test
It's a 15A fuse you are after.
See this thread

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

No there are no fuses under the passenger seat, its a twin seat that swivels round to face the rear
Check under the double seat, there is a slot in the rubber floor mat, that is not always obvious, the fuse holder will be poked into the aperture below the rubber mat.
If it’s a swivel the cable in the floor aperture will be covered by the swivel, you may need to remove the plate if You cannot see the slot in the rubber mat under the seat

Hi Richard did you get this sorted and locate the fuse holder under the twin seat ?