Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Climatronic air conditioning

G

Gaila

Hi,

I am looking to buy this nearly new VW California but it doesn't have climatronic air conditioning ..is it important? Had anyone travel to Europe or somewhere hot without it? Any advice would be great.

I have it but haven't used it because I'm not carrying people in the back. It seems a good selling point when selling. Perhaps you can negotiate on the basis that it doesn't have it.

I'd have it - I haven't got it in my Beach but buying a full Cali it would be a must.

It's not just a the three zone feature you also have the 30 mins of engine warmth after the engine is turned off and from my experience it's a good at keeping a temperature and come resale it probably will be a benefit.

James

Hello
I had T4 camper with no air conditioning. We made several trips from France to Poland (1700 kms one way) in summers in it.
It was tough... Good thing was that she was white and 3 seater on the front, so it was relatively easy if sun was not in front of us, and nobody was seating in the back (we are family of 3)...
If Sun was in front of us we were forced to make several hours rest-stop, which was actually nice since she had the awning.

Look at it positively: you use the aircon only 2 months in a year, it is such a nice vehicle that it is a pleasure to make a stopover in the hottest hours, and most importantly, this is a perfect point to negociate a low second hand buying price.

For me the axiliary heating is more important than air conditioning

Regards
Andrzej

It should have some kind of aircon :thumb I think it's either climatic or climatronic

Thanks for your replies, it got manual air conditioning works only at the front of the vehicle, dealer had already given me a price for the california.

Big decision buying a california se, i think i will sleep on it and decide tomo whether a manual air con is enough?! :?

Its nice to have but no way is it essential. Ive been all over Europe and in temperatures of up to 40 degrees with the manual air conditioning, and never had a problem, its always been cool enough. It wouldnt be a deal breaker for me :thumb

Its nice to have but no way is it essential. Ive been all over Europe and in temperatures of up to 40 degrees with the manual air conditioning, and never had a problem, its always been cool enough. It wouldnt be a deal breaker for me

I totally agree, we didn't have it in our previous van and even though we wanted it in our new California in the end we didn't for various reasons. I personally find these vans stay relatively cool even in very high temps (tinted glass must be a large help). I think the standard climatic is ample.

Previous van had climatic, current van has climatronic. Only really worthwhile feature is the rest button and 30mins of heat before turning on the night heater. Being able to adjust rear fan speed remotely is sometimes useful, but not essential. Of course there is always the risk that the added complexity results in a less reliability in the future

Back