Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double glazing vs Laminated glass

C

camperkid

Hi guys I'd like to say hi :hello to everyone and what a great, very helpful forum you have. I was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm currently in the process of ordering our first California, after having a demonstrator for the weekend which the whole family fell in love with.

The query I have is that in the vw brochure it indicates that double glazing is standard on the se, I was thinking of adding the "Travel pack" as an option which includes:-
*Laminated glass in cab and privacy in passenger compartment.
*Multi functional steering wheel
*Auto dimming rear view mirror
*Kenwood RNS510 with DAB
*3-Zone climatronic air conditioning
*Premium Bluetooth
Costing £2676.00

Could someone please tell me is Laminated glass a down grade compared to the double glazing, and is this option really worth the money?
thanks in advance :thanks

The double glazing is the windows behind the side door, so the rear most side windows & the tailgate window. I think this is on all Californias.
There was a talk about the laminated glass in another thread, don't know where though.
Someone with a newer Cali than me may be able to shed some light on this. However reading your post again it sounds like it is the drop windows in the cab.

Hope this makes sense ??

Camper kid,

I have exactly the same question - and am awaiting the dealer's response. Specifying the travel pack options is quite a bit more expensive, so have asked if it's possible to spec the travel pack and deselect privacy glass. Will let you know when/if I get an answer.

I have also delayed the order awaiting advice on whether the cab blinds from the German spec Comfortline can be fitted (some forums suggest that they snag airbags when they deploy) :headbang

I can always retrofit those as I've seen another forum thread with part nos etc. for A pillar covers, cassettes...... Although suspect there will be a lot more cost in doing it this way.

Back