Closing roof / check your mattress

hirsty

hirsty

Two Seat Beach DSG
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Rookie Mistake #29 in an occasional series ...

My upstairs mattress is still unused in the clear poly bag straight from the factory. Not having had a pull-down bed & mattress in my previous T5 conversion I'd not noticed the mattress slipping backwards when the bed was pushed up whilst closing the roof the other day - walking around the van I could then see that the black rubber roof seal was 'a bit proud' of the metal van roof at the back :talktothehand

I'm sure it'll stay put better when it's unwrapped & there's more friction, but one to think about for newbies like myself. Luckily no damage done on this occasion, but another thing added to the note-to-self list:

- open van doors
- check that every single little thing that might've snuck up there is out of the roof area
- pull bed down flat
- check mattress is in right place
- watch bellows / tent fabric fold-in clear of hinges like a paranoid hawk
- ensure all fabric clear of front fastenings whilst hooking down & pulling shutter forward
- walk around outside & double-check

There should be a Velcro strap under the mattress to hold it in place obviously
Yours is covered up by the protective cover

There's a prompt on the control panel to check the bed is forward when closing the roof...

There should be a Velcro strap under the mattress to hold it in place obviously
Yours is covered up by the protective cover

Yep - spotted the velcro through the bag after the event! More a first-day warning for excited newbies, my value add around here is making the mistakes so no-one else has to :thumb

There's a prompt on the control panel to check the bed is forward when closing the roof...

Maybe up at the posh buttons end, but us Beachies have to do our own haulin' :cool:

Thanks for that. My up top matress is in a single quilt cover, that works as a fitted sheet......and you can flip it half way through the hol, to get a clean sheet......but it covers that Velcro.....so something for me to watch out for...thanks

Back