Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clothes line / awning rail hooks

Marcuk03

Marcuk03

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
Does anyone know where I can get some of these to hang wet suits and wet clothes..

9470040C-92FC-4474-920C-780120926340.jpeg

or is there anything else out there I could use?
Thanks

Hi
Does anyone know where I can get some of these to hang wet suits and wet clothes..

View attachment 64397

or is there anything else out there I could use?
Thanks
I think a wet wetsuit would be too heavy.
I use these, Open tailgate and hang from underside.

The big ted ones are ok as long as the van is clean & you are careful.

Everything on them touches the side of the van, a bit of wind on a wetsuit with a few grains of sand produces interesting patterns in the paint.

The big ted ones are ok as long as the van is clean & you are careful.

Everything on them touches the side of the van, a bit of wind on a wetsuit with a few grains of sand produces interesting patterns in the paint.
Thanks that’s really helpful to know.
Might use the tailgate option for now then .

I use brandrup clothes hooks that slide in the drive away awning slot on the front edge of the awning, can just wind it out 12 inches if its light stuff, Couple of heavy wetsuits Id wind it out further & put the legs down, like these but with stainless steel hook through the eylet rather than a guy rope..1597399643393.png

Last edited:
I use brandrup clothes hooks that slide in the drive away awning slot on the front edge of the awning, can just wind it out 12 inches if its light stuff, Couple of heavy wetsuits Id wind it out further & put the legs down, like these but with stainless steel hook through the eylet rather than a guy rope..View attachment 64433
You could make your own with bits of Kador strip. You might have extra that you can cut off the ends of a driveaway awning or a precut strip you've purchased.

Also the shop sells these awning hooks, you'll be able to get them elsewhere too: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/awning-hanging-hooks-pack-of-two

The shop

You could make your own with bits of Kador strip. You might have extra that you can cut off the ends of a driveaway awning or a precut strip you've purchased.

Also the shop sells these awning hooks, you'll be able to get them elsewhere too: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/awning-hanging-hooks-pack-of-two

The shop
If you're somewhere where it's allowed you could tie a line from the van to a tent pole. I would use one of these in the van's side rail.
thumb screw.jpg

Or even not connected, tent pole to tent pole and separate to the van.

Hi Marc,

Did you want to order some?
I’ve got some screw in ones to try on my next trip. So I’ll see how they fare.ill give you a shout if I need to though.
Thanks again
Marcus

Back