Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club owner saying hi

SebRogers

SebRogers

:hello

New to this forum (but not to VW bus ownership ;))... thought I'd introduce myself and my new (to me) bus. It's a '94 Cali Club in silver, with a rather unusual ABT'd 2.4 lump under the bonnet. The original German owner took it down to ABT tuning and had them weave their magic, so it's now turbo'd, intercooled and with a taller 5th gear than stock. Pulls like a train (the original rolling road printout claims 110bhp) and is returning over 30mpg on average.

Loving the rear galley, LWB layout too...

stanleyii_0007.jpg
stanleyii_0010.jpg
stanleyii_0019.jpg
stanleyii_0022.jpg

Attachments

• stanleyii_0007.jpg
    stanleyii_0007.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
  • stanleyii_0010.jpg
    stanleyii_0010.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
  • stanleyii_0019.jpg
    stanleyii_0019.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
  • stanleyii_0022.jpg
    stanleyii_0022.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
Nice looking bus Seb... Unusual to a see a short nose that I like, but this I certainly do.

Really nice bus. Was looking around a Club at COTF and was very impressed with the way the space is used.

Hope it's taking you on some great adventures.
dan

Thanks for the comments!

The bus spent the best part of 6 months over the winter having some restoration and mechanical work done. Although it was basically in good order, it had suffered a little from 10 years of owners who've got it through the MOT and bunged in some fresh oil once a year. At nearly 20 years old it needed a bit more tlc, so that's what I've been doing. Keep finding more stuff :? but I'm hoping I can get it to a point where it'll be good for another 10 years...

Last week was a big ol' Devon and Cornwall road trip - 1100km! More adventures to come, definitely.

It looks really nice - may the T4rce be with you :clap

A little pic of my shortnose - just fitted from paintshop..
See you out there, have a safe way.. Caligrycho - Denmark

cali003.jpg

Sorry to thread jump but it was me that tried to pm you the other day Seb. I recognised your name from the Brickyard and wanted to say hi. So Hello :hello No I'm not following you, its just great minds must think alike.

Lovely looking bus BTW, as other people have said I don't normally like short nose vans or hightops but that's a doozie! :clap

Hope to see you around sometime.

Paul

Hi Paul :hello

Sorry, took me a while to notice you'd posted here!

Thanks for the comments btw :thanks

Back