Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clutch adjustment

Toot-toot

Toot-toot

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all
Can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment on the clutch? I seem to have a juddering from first to second gear occasionally......
Cheers

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment on the clutch? I seem to have a juddering from first to second gear occasionally......
Cheers
No manual adjustment. Do you get the same in reverse, especially up an incline. If so then probably related to the DMF flywheel.
If that is the case, then it will eventually get so bad/fail it will have to be replaced but could continue as it is for many thousands of miles, or not.

No manual adjustment. Do you get the same in reverse, especially up an incline. If so then probably related to the DMF flywheel.
If that is the case, then it will eventually get so bad/fail it will have to be replaced but could continue as it is for many thousands of miles, or not.
Hi welshgas thanks for that info, need to find an incline now.... couldn’t find any other threads so I guess it’s not a big problem

Hi welshgas thanks for that info, need to find an incline now.... couldn’t find any other threads so I guess it’s not a big problem
It will get worse over time, but could be a few years or thousands of miles before you get fed up with it, or the clutch fails. Just keep on trucking.:thumb

......unless the DMF fails and takes your gearbox with it?

:talktothehand

Sleep tight.

Sleep tight.
The DMF symptoms or Clutch slip tend to worsen to the point that you can stand it no longer and get a Clutch and DMF replaced before a catastrophic failure.
Have not seen many posts of the DMF failure reaching that point before being replaced on other Forums. I’m sure it can happen, just that symptoms worsen to a point that it is replaced before complete failure.

Could try this .
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1276978&highlight=filter

Hi all
Cheers

Hi @Toot-toot is your judder only from cold ? Ie it’s stood over night then you get the judder first thing ? If you do then a lot of the problem is due to the clutch material that is used now it’s very susceptible to moisture if the vehicle sits up overnight after being stoped with a hot engine then there is a condensation build up between the clutch plate and the flywheel causing corrosion, Like on a brake disc when the rain hits it. This causes ridges of corrosion which the clutch then rubs away in the first few operations causing the judder. Unfortunately this is normal for the material now used.:talktothehand

Sleep tight.

Happened to me a on a Skoda Octavia some years ago. Started juddering, took to the dealer who said OK until service in a month, big bang and no gearbox three days later. Fortunately a company car:)
So I guess could last ages, could fail tomorrow.

Assuming were are talking about the VW DSG transmission. Will it not be advisable to go through the factory reset procedure for the engine and gearbox? This is referred as an Adaptation procedure with a VCDS Diagnostic Management tool. I've never understood why it is called an Adaptation procedure, but I'm sure someone here will enlighten.

Hi all
Cheers
Could I ask, what mileage has the van done?
I had the DMF & clutch changed at about 130,000 miles

Back