Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vibration/noise near clutch

J

jeannie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Can anyone help with this please. Taken my Cali into garage twice wwiththe same problem. The second time they said they had found the problem and fixed it. After driving for a Mile or so it began again. A vibration sound, sadly it is intermittent and not on demand so it’s never been heard by the mechanics. Clutch area but not the clutch I don’t think

What year and mileage?
I had my DMF done at 125k as we went on a long journey France, Corsica, Sciliy, Italy and i didn't want any problems

What year and mileage?
I had my DMF done at 125k as we went on a long journey France, Corsica, Sciliy, Italy and i didn't want any problems
Hi
It’s 2011 Cali 4motion manual with only 30,000 on the clock. So

only 72 miles a week, it is a van, not enough miles.
could be corrosion on clutch plate?
Googled dmf so now know what you are talking about. It’s been on several long trips over mainly holiday periods but other than that I use it between using my beetle for general trips. Doesn’t have same symptoms as a worn dmf according to what I have read about that. It’s more a quivering, buzzing sound. I can’t make it happen, it’s random, not on acceleration specifically or deceleration, or changing gear or pressing clutch. Clutch area may be a red herring but have felt the centre panel and can’t feel the vibration on that it’s more near my left foot

When the engine/gearbox oil is cold, I also have a cluttering noise. When pressing the clutch pedal, it stops.
When the gearbox oil heats up, the noise stops.
Have been told it is normal.

Vibration? Maybe due to low mileage and/or abuse of the clutch driving up ramps, something is worn ?

When the engine/gearbox oil is cold, I also have a cluttering noise. When pressing the clutch pedal, it stops.
When the gearbox oil heats up, the noise stops.
Have been told it is normal.

Vibration? Maybe due to low mileage and/or abuse of the clutch driving up ramps, something is worn ?
Many thanks for taking the time to reply
This noise starts between 1and 25 miles of driving
Nothing I touch or press will stop it
It lasts for between 2 seconds and 5 seconds - no longer. Intermittent. Sometimes could be 50 miles between next noise. The only reason I am worried is in case it’s a sign of something about to ‘go’ as letting some in law and daughter take Cali on long camping trip soon
Thanks again. It has the dealership totally stumped

Might be worth a visit to https://www.clcsussex.com/
Ex VW commercial technician.
Diagnosed and sorted my suspension issue when main dealer was less than helpful. And a lot cheaper!

I also have the same problem. Did you solve it?

I also have the same problem. Did you solve it?
Hi. Nope. Every time I take it in the sound deviously disappears and they do not test drive it long enough for it to come back Let me know if you find out anything. Does not seem to cause any physical problem - loss of power etc. But would be a problem if I wanted to sell as thinking of changing for a beach