Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clutch heated

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Hi there. At first, sorry 'bout this badly translated technical information. But having bought our 2007 Cali yesterday, I have a technical question already.
While trying to park in an underground parking place, I declutched and engaged it for quite some time. Whauw, the entrance was narrow (and this van is big) so when I was almost out, there was some smoke coming out of the engine compartment, smelling really bad.

I think I have put the clutch under too much pressure? It all cooled down and I could drive again normally (I got out of this underground parking place also without scratches). But do you think I should have a check on the engine or clutch right now? Or can I just ignore this incident (not repeating it, of course)?

Sounds like you've been 'slipping' or 'riding' the clutch when get out of the car park.

It's probably shortened the life of your clutch a little but hopefully no further damage. If you ever have the clutch replaced whilst you own the Cali then it would be worth having the flywheel checked at the same time (They should do it anyway)

OK - thank you. I did a test-drive this morning, everything seems to be all right now. Enjoying the smooth drive!!
I'll keep in mind your advice!

Back